Packs and vests ... what YOU should be carrying.

Duct Tape, Safety Wire and Zip Ties is all you need. Eat a big pasta dinner the night before you ride, that way you are good for a few days without food.
im really surprised you dont pack atleast a 6 pack of rockstars

Duct Tape, Safety Wire and Zip Ties is all you need. Eat a big pasta dinner the night before you ride, that way you are good for a few days without food.

I'm liking this idea.............YES the pasta thing caught my eye wait, this is for you..."stick right arm out, palm facing up, make fist with right hand, put left hand on right bicep, now bend right arm so as to squeeze left hand" .. :smirk: ... I have a lot of what's shown...need to get a few things myself...but trying to keep itlight! :thumb:

Kind of a large question. First survival, or fixing the bike?

For the survival I carry a SPOT, more water than I will drink on the ride, and enough warm clothes to prevent or at least delay hypothermia. In the winter it's more warmth and less water. Just the opposite for the summer unless I'm in the mountains where cold can happen in August. Other stuff like some food is nice, but not really as important.

A first aid kit is nice. I've even carried some of those field splints. Never used one though. Some pain killers are good. I really need to revamp my first aid kit though as it's had a log of neglect over the last few seasons.

I think you guys have covered the bike part pretty well already.

Kind of a large question. First survival, or fixing the bike?

For the survival I carry a SPOT, more water than I will drink on the ride, and enough warm clothes to prevent or at least delay hypothermia. In the winter it's more warmth and less water. Just the opposite for the summer unless I'm in the mountains where cold can happen in August. Other stuff like some food is nice, but not really as important.

A first aid kit is nice. I've even carried some of those field splints. Never used one though. Some pain killers are good. I really need to revamp my first aid kit though as it's had a log of neglect over the last few seasons.

I think you guys have covered the bike part pretty well already.

I've got those covered as well.:devil:

grabbed some JB weld while picking up some carb cleaner for my sons bike at the counter they had 2 little led tactical lights that run off 1 AA battery. Little and perfect for my vest. I might have to raid my backpacking pack for its first aid kit. its a nice little one and includes a rattle snake bite kit as well. I have a extra lever im gonna toss into the pack but no shifter... ill have to deal with that if it happens. Wire and Tape will br wrapped around something and I think im pretty much set.

grabbed some JB weld while picking up some carb cleaner for my sons bike at the counter they had 2 little led tactical lights that run off 1 AA battery. Little and perfect for my vest. I might have to raid my backpacking pack for its first aid kit. its a nice little one and includes a rattle snake bite kit as well. I have a extra lever im gonna toss into the pack but no shifter... ill have to deal with that if it happens. Wire and Tape will br wrapped around something and I think im pretty much set.

Just make sure it's the quick weld, and not the red & black.:thumb:

The Quick is 5 minutes, the red & black is a 24 hour cure. You'd better double up on the tuna packs, it's going to be a long night waiting for that epoxy to harden.:P
well guess i got a set for the garage now :foul: didnt even think about it in the store