On the fly

So...lets see...oh yea, "the drop":smirk: This is where I did a "Geek Slide" I'd say it is about a 5' somewhat drop that I wussed on!
IMG_6783.jpg
:thinking:

Is that Neil making a waterfall for you?? :lol:

Okay, who's the stunt double in these pics, this can't be our Sun??!! :smirk: Hehe... AWESOME STUFF!! :thumb::thumb: I guess this means you'll never back out on that uphill again, peice of cake! Officially passing the wuss baton to myself. :prof:

Clearly deserving of the over the falls award. Sorry Geek, I think the fact that Sun made an attempt before sliding is too close to call... might have you beat here, lol!?? :thinking: Looks like the Nevadians showed you a good time. Love the whole report ~ great adventure and pics. :thumb: After seeing this, not suprised about your HP, would've thrown in levers, cracked case, and a rad too. :smirk: Think you came out pretty darn good, all things considered... especially, running back into the 8,000+ elev with that big ol fugly, now that I see where it came from. Great stuff!! :thumb::thumb:

I love this thread! Great pics Sun :thumb:

Thanks again!

Hey I'm all about fashion and trend setting. :smirk:

I know this. And I expect you to post some pics with a pant leg rolled! Your are thee Fashionista rider:smirk:

:thinking:

LMAO!! Geez oh pete, looks like you're taking a wizz. :shocked: :lol: This can't be our Sun?? Okay, who's the stunt double in these pics??!! :smirk: Hehe... AWESOME STUFF!! :thumb::thumb: I guess this means you'll never back out on that uphill again, peice of cake! Officially passing the wuss baton to myself. :prof:

Clearly deserving of the over the falls award. Sorry Geek, I think the fact that Sun made an attempt before sliding is too close to call... might have you beat here, lol!?? :thinking: Looks like the Nevadians showed you a good time. Love the whole report ~ great adventure and pics. :thumb: After seeing this, not suprised about your HP, would've thrown in levers, cracked case, and a rad too. :smirk: Think you came out pretty darn good, all things considered... especially, running back into the 8,000+ elev with that big ol fugly, now that I see where it came from. Great stuff!! :thumb::thumb:

Hey:rant:my bike isnt "Fugly" anymore! That was my old bike! Well I guess it is Fug to some:lol: It sure was fun riding with you! Please chime in and post when I get to Mammoth OK?

Neil is a professional photographer. He often likes to take his camera and on the trail to shoot his friends riding and all kinds of stuff. These are probably some of the best pics that will ever be taken of me on or off the bike, sad but true! I didnt ask him to take pics but now Im kind of glad he did to preserve the memory.

So back to where I was, lets see....:thinking: We then popped out of the wash and rode some banks. I love pics of the sand or dirt being thrown like those shots taken of Dave at Pine Nuts. But I guess I didnt gas it right in the apex or clutch it right to throw the dirt far. I love riding banks:banana: I try to go as high as I can on them. I know, I know over kill on the pics but I couldnt decide which ones to post so I posted them all:smirk:
IMG_5452.jpg

IMG_5464.jpg

IMG_5463.jpg

This pic I went so far up I was into the bushes, opps:lol:
IMG_5472.jpg

IMG_5461.jpg

After that we started to head back towards the truck. It was kind of windy and cooling down to a nice temp. We rode some more whoops and some single track and then stopped for a few minutes to drink some water and snap a couple of pics of the sunset. Then it was back on the bikes WOT:banana: I think I was up to about 80-85MPH. We were both hauling ass and it was fun to open it up after so much technical riding. As Im hauling down the road I see this Hungry Valley sign. I had to turn around and get a pic of it because Hungry Valley is where I do a lot of my riding at home. Neil kept going then realized I wasnt there anymore. Just as he rolled up I was trying to aim my head light on the sign to take a pic of it. I then decided to walk up to it closer to take a pic. Then it was back to the truck, back to my truck, pack up, say goodbye and head back to Michelle's via down town Reno. I was pooped and in bed by midnight.
IMG_5423.jpg

IMG_5476.jpg

IMG_5488.jpg

IMG_5512_3_4Enhancer.jpg

IMG_5508_09_10Enhancer.jpg

IMG_6804.jpg

Loaded up and ready to head back
IMG_6809.jpg

Silly and sort of embarassing clips of random moments from the ride.

Sun. I have another stock header if you want it.

Well that is darn nice of ya! And thank you so much!! How big of a deal is it that it is attached to a Pro-Circuit tail pipe? How much would that effect performance? Would it even fit? :thinking:

Can we bend it so I dont have to remove the head pipe to change the oil?:smirk: That :rant:really annoys me!

Well that is darn nice of ya! And thank you so much!! How big of a deal is it that it is attached to a Pro-Circuit tail pipe? How much would that effect performance? Would it even fit? :thinking:

Can we bend it so I dont have to remove the head pipe to change the oil?:smirk: That :rant:really annoys me!

I dont understand? Do you have a full PC Header and muffler or just a PC muffler? If you have a full PC system my stock header will work with your muffler. Mine has the KX gasket. If ya want to get to the oil filter get a KX header...:thumb: E-Bay cheep!! $40 bucks mabe

We missed you this weekend Sun.:ride:

I dont understand? Do you have a full PC Header and muffler or just a PC muffler? If you have a full PC system my stock header will work with your muffler. Mine has the KX gasket. If ya want to get to the oil filter get a KX header...:thumb: E-Bay cheep!! $40 bucks mabe

I have a full PC. What diff does a KX gasket make? Keep in mind I dont know jack about a lot of stuff like this. Would you brother to straighten out a pretty titanium pipe (cause I like my pretty colorful pipe) OR would you just put the stock header on it? Just curious what you would do. Is titanium harder to straighten? I have a stock header in my attic. I was going to sell the entire stock system but kept it as back up.

more epic pictures sun... that sun set one is amazing.

Thanks Trav. It was a nice sunset and ride. I was very lucky to be riding with a photographer. And it didnt mess up our flow. He just always some how clicked and was back on the bike lickty split.

We missed you this weekend Sun.:ride:

You have no idea how bad wanted to come:cry: It is a good thing I didnt. It would of been the wrong decision for sure. Im icing my back as we speak. Lets try to plan another ride in Sept or Oct.. If Im lucky a large group of DBAers will come out for that one too and I can get a chance to meet everyone I havent me yet and ride with them. Glad it was a good day:thumb:

I will be posting more later. Maybe not such great pics as by this point Im leaving the photographer and it is back to relying on my iphone. Also, at this point in the report Im camping with a friend from San Jose and Im torn if anyone wants to see what all we did since it wasnt ride related. But then again either was the Hot Springs, Pre Burn or Pyramid lake. I feel like Im going to bore people. I also need some time to sort through some more clips and vids. Thanks for all the kinds words so far:ride: