On the fly

This by far is one of the best RR I have experienced. You deserve some good roost Sun. It looks like you had a great time and some good riding up there. :thumb: Nice pictures of all the places you visited.

Yea Trav, those Euro campers are interesting to say the least. Im assuming that one I posted is a pop up? Here is one that a guy I know has restored. It is a military version. He is Swiss. Im not sure what make, model or year this is but he fixed it up real nice. He brought it out to my friend's ranch for a weekend party. He parked way on top of the hill above the ranch. I wish I took a pic of it on the inside. He painted the walls and refrigerator with a desert scene. Here is his rig.
IMG_6270.jpg

yea thats the better ones. This would be something id get if i hit the lottery. I hear to get one over here in the US its around 100k :wow:

Thanks 530, thanks Ledge.

You know it was a good day when your face looks like this.
IMG_6635.jpg

The next day (Sunday) the plan was to ride an area called Pine Nuts. It would be much hotter then Prosser so we planned on starting earlier. I got to Neil's around 6am and off to Sherry and Scott's place. They live close to Pine Nuts. Before we left their house Sherry wanted to show me her kids. They are the fainting breed. I have never seen a fainter before. In fact I knew nothing about them. They are her babies since her human kids are now grown.
IMG_6669.jpg

We screamed to try and scare them to make them faint for us. I know, how mean! Come on, I bet you would have loved to see that :smirk: Oh well, we didnt want to freak out the neighborhood tryng to scare the goats. But you can see how the legs get a little wobbly when we yelled.

Scott's Ruckus that Neil sold to him. He communtes to work on it. Pretty bad ass for a Ruckus.
IMG_6652.jpg

Pine Nuts is just outside of Carson City, NV. It is a hilly area with Pinon Pines. We parked near the Carson river. (I think it's the Carson River) We had another guy joining us (Dave) It was his first day on his new to him YZ. So this day I was riding with 4 2 Strokes. I would not get lost because I just needed to sniff to know which way they went. It was very dusty and I was hanging back so the dust would settle and I could see my lines better.
Again I compiled our stops on video. This area had some really tight single track with tree branches slapping you. It too was a mix of everything with less water except for our half way point where we took a break. I was pretty beat from the day before. I would not have been so much had I been riding a 250 the day before. My arms were feeling it and my thighs were a little too. I was also a little stiff. I think that just comes with old age:smirk:
So more clips of stops with a bit of Dave riding. I did try to get Scott doing a hill climb but it didnt pan out as you will see. It was a long climb that turned into a deep rutt! I made it about:rant: 2' from the top

"It's worse then it wooks":lol: I was tongue tied!
BTW...Sherry's graphics were designed by Neil. She and Scott work for Costco and she is into movies. She also likes Starbucks so he put all of those things on the bike.

A climb that we started heading up and again it suddenly turned into a deep rutt with zero good line to follow. Scott fell into it and Dave followed right behind him landing on his leg. Neil managed to see and stop in time, Sherry and I were far enough back we stopped. By the time I turned the camera on Dave was already out of the rutt that swallowed them and Scott was still backing up. We had to ride around up and through some trees. You have to admit how minor hills look in videos. Why is that?

Then it was off to an area that had some nice banks to ride. It led up to a surprising spot with a sand dune. Here is where Dave played while we rested and watched. First he rode his bike up it, then Neil's, then mine. Im not sure why I didnt do it. I have rode my 250 up Blow Sand before so Im pretty certain I could do it. I was just so hot and sweaty I was enjoying the break and just watching him. I noticed when he took off on my bike in the beginning he was choppin the throttle like he was on a 2stroke:lol:

Cooling down
IMG_5248.jpg

IMG_5249.jpg

IMG_5246.jpg

IMG_5251.jpg

Dave adjusting his suspension "on the fly"
IMG_5213.jpg

IMG_6689.jpg

As I said, I have a thing for flowers
276320_1536703029_108508_n.jpg

IMG_6693.jpg

Im always trying to get into wrecked cars off the trails when I see them.
IMG_6690.jpg

Near the staging area
IMG_6706.jpg

I have deleted this post #83 because it was a duplicate some how. I tried earlier to delete it but it said I needed to add more. So here....Im adding this statement to try and get it to work.