On the fly

Im heading out the door in an hour or so to head up to Reno, Nevada. Im going to visit some friends, help a friend in need, and ride, ride, ride! Only problem is I just now noticed my front sprocket isnt looking too good:cry: WTF! How could I not have noticed it? So now Im hitting the road in hopes of locating a sprocket in Reno or have one over nighted to me. Darn it, darn it, darn it:banghead: Trip hasnt even began and Im already dealing with an "issue."

My plan is to take my time driving up. Makes some stops along the way. Important stops like Indian Wells Brewing Co.. Or a stop at the river to dip my toes in. Or perhaps some hot springs if there isnt some weird looking naked people occupying them (seeing as Im alone and all:smirk:)

I may do an "on the fly" ride report here. I didnt find a cord (didnt look hard either) I needed to use my new little camera I got from Mihylo:hug: but I guess I can always use my trusty iphone. Im thinking I will bring my computer seeing as I will have a day or two of down time. I will be staying with a friend who is a nurse in Reno. She doesnt ride and is one of my oldest friends. I will be riding with a couple of guys who live up there that I have rode with before in Cal City. I MAY ride with 2smoke if he gets his shock fixed in time. Im hoping for a good trip with no body or bike damage. I was thinking of doing a report as I go but that may not pan out. Im going to "wing it," "play it by ear." Im sure I can find wifi somewhere along the way. I plan on being gone 10 days. I will be camping between Reno and Mammoth for a couple of days with my friend who will be driving over the Sierras on Wednesday from San Jose in her camper. We will then meet up with some more friends and my family in Mammoth for more camping and a little more moto. No supermoto this trip:cry: but Im sure it will still be a:banana: good time regardless. I will head home on July 5th.. So check back, you may see updates here. As in a "on the fly" ride report of sort.

Or, I may be having SO MUCH FUN I will have to blow you all off:P

Happy Thursday Everybody! I will be thinking of all you DBA'ers while Im on the road:wave:

Peace out:ride:

Sounds like a great time Sun:thumb: Keep us posted when you can, if you can. I find the best trips are the ones that haven't been too planned. We'll see ya on the flip side! :thumb:

I am envious that you are doing a road trip for the next week or so. Have a good time and be safe. By the way, did you not just get a new back sprocket? :thinking: Front sprockets usually always wear out faster than the rear for future reference. :prof:

I am envious that you are doing a road trip for the next week or so. Have a good time and be safe. By the way, did you not just get a new back sprocket? :thinking: Front sprockets usually always wear out faster than the rear for future reference. :prof:

And usually it's better to do both sprockets, and the chain, while you're spending the squish. Not tellin, just sayin.:prof:

I might be able to meet up and ride Moonrocks with you sometime in the middle of next week. :rocker: I'll be in Graeagle and Moonrocks is only an hour away. Wednesday might be the best day. :thumb:

Hiya! Checkin in. Don't have wireless here at the house. I will go down the road and try to find it later. Think im headed up to lake Tahoe today for some lake side kick back with my sear friend Michelle. The drive up was AWESOME!! I had the hot spring to myself! I'll try to post some pics later. Ya... My sprocket Is just ok. Didn't get a good look at in the dark the night before I left. Then was on the road in the dark. Got a better look later in the am, and I think it will be ok for a couple of rides. I should have swapped it out and didn't. A lesson learned for me. Meanwhile I'm sittin here in the back yard sipping coffee and Playing fetch with 3 pitbulls. Rock- Wednesday is when I start to head south with my other friend. She does not ride so I don't think that will work:cry: you guys may want to stretch or stop eating so much popcorn. Don't think any of this will be worth waiting for glued to your seat:lol: you all crack me up! It is nice to check in with fellow dirt buddies who share my passion for this sport and road trips. Thanks for being here :thumb: I'll try to post pics later today. Can I do it directly from my phone:thinking: I think Rack did that. Do I need to load tapatalk?

Hiya! Checkin in. Don't have wireless here at the house. I will go down the road and try to find it later. Think im headed up to lake Tahoe today for some lake side kick back with my sear friend Michelle. The drive up was AWESOME!! I had the hot spring to myself! I'll try to post some pics later. Ya... My sprocket Is just ok. Didn't get a good look at in the dark the night before I left. Then was on the road in the dark. Got a better look later in the am, and I think it will be ok for a couple of rides. I should have swapped it out and didn't. A lesson learned for me. Meanwhile I'm sittin here in the back yard sipping coffee and Playing fetch with 3 pitbulls. Rock- Wednesday is when I start to head south with my other friend. She does not ride so I don't think that will work:cry: you guys may want to stretch or stop eating so much popcorn. Don't think any of this will be worth waiting for glued to your seat:lol: you all crack me up! It is nice to check in with fellow dirt buddies who share my passion for this sport and road trips. Thanks for being here :thumb: I'll try to post pics later today. Can I do it directly from my phone:thinking: I think Rack did that. Do I need to load tapatalk?

Yes, Tapatalk is perfect when you are "on the fly" :prof:

I'll be in Graeagle and Moonrocks is only an hour away. Wednesday might be the best day. :thumb:
I have been through Graeagle before and I must say that part of the country is beautiful.

Hiya! Think im headed up to lake Tahoe today for some lake side kick back with my sear friend Michelle. The drive up was AWESOME!! I had the hot spring to myself!
Beautiful road trip up there. Lake Tahoe - :thumb: all I can say.

Sounds like a good trip so far Sun. Waiting to see pics...

As for the sprocket...if it can wait until after the trip, then you should replace both front and rear and the chain....As Timo Suggested:prof: