On the fly

Livin the dream!
Awesome shot!

IMG_5512_3_4Enhancer.jpg
That would make a great wallpaper pic for the computer.

Livin the dream!
Awesome shot!
IMG_5512_3_4Enhancer.jpg

Thank you.

That would make a great wallpaper pic for the computer.

:thinking: I just may have to use it. My back never looked better:smirk:

Back to the program....

I wasn't going to finish this report, but didn't want a DNF slapped on me:smirk: Sorry for the delay. Part of the reason is the last leg of my trip was more family oriented then it was riding. This video was made for them and my friends on the trip. Thus the length of it. I finally decided just to post it because I became burned out on the process of going thru a zillion pics and vids selecting, then loading to Vimeo, then Photobucket blah blah blah... At this point I just want to finish what I started and be done with it.

I left Reno and headed south down Hwy 395 to meet up with a long time friend who works in sports television. Between her high-paced career and traveling with her husband, we don't get to see each other too often. We camped for a few days at Twin Lakes outside of Bridgeport, CA. then made our way down towards Mammoth Lakes. Might want to skip this vid as it may bore you without motos in it. Just shows a small portion of my drive with random things we did around Twin Lakes. We had a blast goofin off, did some fishing, hiking, caught a wild blue jay, squirrels and took in the beautiful scenery. My favorite part was a friendly deer who wandered into our camp and allowed us to pet her as you can see on the video. The temps were a mix of everything from warm and sunny, to a few sudden hail storms.

Mammoth Lakes area was my final destination where I met up for some quality time with my husband and kids who were staying at a friend's condo in town. Being in the high sierras with my family was a great way to end my trip. So much to do and see up in this area, there is something for everyone, even some skiing on the 4th of July! Spent a few days camping with MXDirtDiva, her family and our other friends who were camping for the week just south of June Lake. I didnt ride as much as I would have liked to but I did managed to squeeze in a few rides and some time at the lake which I really enjoyed. The weather was pleasant the whole time, with the exception of the day I left, July 5th. That you will see on the video. I took a break here on the way home and look what I saw:devil:
IMG_7391.jpg

Is this spray painted sign always there? I cant believe I still have never been to Kennedy Meadows. I just wanted to keep going past this sign.
IMG_7394.jpg

Riding has come with many personal challenges for me, the greatest being a female in what is knowingly a male dominated sport. It may seem different to some for a woman to get out there and ride, even head off alone on road trips like these. How I see it, :prof:my addiction requires no explanation! I will say, I'm lucky as heck and thankful to have family and friends who support me, especially a husband who understands and sees what it means to me to pursue my passion.
:ride:
Thanks for reading.
RIDE ON
THE END,
~Sun~

Is this spray painted sign always there? I cant believe I still have never been to Kennedy Meadows. I just wanted to keep going past this sign.
IMG_7394.jpg

It's been there at least a few years. I would imagine right about when they stopped selling gas up top, and from the looks of the old pumps up there, it's been a looonnnngggg time. :noidea:

We all know you wouldn't have ridden there, being it's not the Rez.:smirk:

:finger:.................:smirk:

if the plan is OTHER than an already planed trip to the REZ I will consider it...like this past weekend in LPNF. If ED were running I'd have been up there, no question...and if PALMER :foul:had mentioned something about having an extra ride I may have taken him up on it. :devil:

Thanks for sharing an awesome report Sun! :thumb: It was fun to follow. I knew we had a boatload in common - I've never been to Kennedy Meadows either. :prof::smirk:
Thanks again Ledge:thumb: Well maybe you can come out and you, Rez and I can get up there to ride. At the very least we can stand around Rez and watch him kick Diablo:smirk: Maybe he will even decide to kick it over a cliff:lol: Sorry Rez. Im thinking this Diablo shitty bike syndrom is going to last longer then the "Geekslide." Actually I think the Geekslide has become a new term set in stone. It is for me anyways. As I stated, I did a Geekslide on my trip at Moonrocks:lol: And Im :prof:damn proud of being smart enough to do it!!

Get a room by the lake already...sheeeeesh. I've never been there either and I LIVE down here. :foul:

I feel better Im not the only one:smirk:

It's been there at least a few years. I would imagine right about when they stopped selling gas up top, and from the looks of the old pumps up there, it's been a looonnnngggg time. :noidea:

Oh, I thought someone just put it up recently because somewhere they ran out:noidea: I guess they did, years ago!!:lol:

:finger:.................:smirk:

if the plan is OTHER than an already planed trip to the REZ I will consider it...like this past weekend in LPNF. If ED were running I'd have been up there, no question...and if PALMER :foul:had mentioned something about having an extra ride I may have taken him up on it. :devil:

Me too, except a new back instead of bike. Well if anyone who wants to ride up there when my back gets better PM me. Because clearly when I post up a ride up there nobody wants to go! :finger:

Thanks for the awesome ride report over the entire trip. I give you a lot of kudos as I would be too lazy to ever make such a detailed report to include all the fun stuff taking place. I have a hard time even taking a few pictures while on a ride. :smirk: It is especially cool knowing exactly the spots you have been to having been to all of them myself. I have been to KM a few times over the years but only ridden my bike up there a couple of times and the last time was with my boy who was pretty young at that time and we did not have much fun as the trails we ended up on were quite knarly such as the Jackass Trail. Have to give it another shot one of these days.

Thanks for the awesome ride report over the entire trip. I give you a lot of kudos as I would be too lazy to ever make such a detailed report to include all the fun stuff taking place. I have a hard time even taking a few pictures while on a ride. :smirk: It is especially cool knowing exactly the spots you have been to having been to all of them myself. I have been to KM a few times over the years but only ridden my bike up there a couple of times and the last time was with my boy who was pretty young at that time and we did not have much fun as the trails we ended up on were quite knarly such as the Jackass Trail. Have to give it another shot one of these days.

Thanks KTM:thumb:
Yea, ride reports are fun to read but mess up the flow of a ride often. It didnt turn out like I had hoped. Would have been had I been posting all along and better content. In a perfect world you would have a few people setting shots up ahead, some helmet cam and some stills. But what :rant:a hassle and a way to mess with the flow of a ride. My last clips were less ride oriented :snore:as was my trip. But Im glad to capture the memories for when Im very old but still riding a sup'd up Rascal:lol:

You're a rascal alright! :smirk: Super report, pics and vids!! :thumb: Why apologies?? Vacations are supposed to kick butt (yours did!!). Good riding with ya and seeing your family again, glad we could tie-in vacations for a few days. You're lucky to have a supportive hub and family who understand the moto-addiction. :thumb: How did you pull off getting your daughter on skis, can't even get her to sit on your bike! Didn't see your hub ride this trip. But, noticed he lit up when I mentioned the frozen minute ponds behind the airport he could free skate. Maybe you could entice him next winter, pack his hockey stuff and take the s-moto there. NOT liking the bird in the bucket (you know me and my blue jays!! :prof: ), hope you didn't roast him for dinner too! :PThat deer reminds me of a campground Dave and I stayed at in Mesa Verde, CO. Deer everywhere, almost annoying and in your face. Ate right out of your hand, even walked into your tent. Good you guys had time to go into the Post Piles, beautiful down there. We used to camp there quite a bit, even had a bear encounter. :panic: That place was still closed less than a month ago. In May, the entry station was buried to the roof line in snow. Disappointed about the fireworks. Bummed we couldn't stage waterfront at Crowley like last year, that was d'bomb!! You missed out on the group ride, ZERO visibility (sound fun??). :smirk: Needed a volcanic detox after inhaling 50+ miles of it. :crazy: The ride continued up to Bald Mtn lookout, that was cool, hadn't been up there on a bike. Forgot to ask, anyone do any riding west of the 204, or Laurel Lake before we got there?

After you guys left, we did a few more days of riding, remaining on the west side of the 395, had few thundershowers. Trails were clear, but ran into a few sections of downed trees and areas still closed for maintenance, detoured around. Several patches of snow laying around, creeks everywhere, very little, if any single-t, all of it incredibly scenic. Wanted to check out north of June. Think you can head up into the forest and it drops you down into Lee Vining, next time! Spent the next few days sightseeing. Did the same Obsidian hike you guys did (in your vid), the guys did some fishing at Lake Mary. Spent one day in Yosemite, such an amazing and beautiful place! Couldn't believe the amount of water and remaining snow laying around, ice floating in the lakes, waterfalls going off EVERYWHERE, even roadside. Open meadows were marshes of water with deer grazing. Never seen Yosemite quite like this, and to see it in July, was pretty cool! Hit a few downpours on the way home (but, nothing like that one in your vid!! :lol:). Again, great report!! :cheers:

Very nice! It must of been so pleasant to stay a little longer after everyone left. Glad you had a great time. Next year I'd like to take a long ride with a "small" group. That pumice dust is toxic and terrible for your lungs! I would also like to check out Yosemite as well. Pat had a great time. He is happy just drinking a beer and kickin back doing nothing. I think my favorite day was on the lake doing absolutely nothing also while you all were on the "BIG" ride coughing up lungs:lol: Mean while, we had the easy up ready, the ice chest filled, a big blanket and chairs all ready for you all to pull up and hang with us. Actually it was kind of nice you didnt afterall. It was very relaxing and peaceful this way:P And dont worry, we let the blue jay go because I could hear you in my head going off:smirk:about it.

BTW...we have to ride the LPNF before it closes.

BTW...we have to ride the LPNF before it closes.
:shocked: When does it close? I thought it just opened. :thinking:[/QUOTE]

Before you know it it's closed, and often missed opportunities to ride it.
Fall is nice up there. A bit dusty but a crisp time of year:ride: Cleaner air and cooler temps. Especially after a good rain:thumb: