On the fly

All three of you!

You are all part of the +2k post club and you are the only three members. Well Travace will be joining you soon, like today or tomorrow, but for now it's just you three. Only James is in the 3k league, but it's his site so he gets a pass.

:popcorn:

:lol: :cry:

:smirk:

And it's ok Smoke, I understand. We rode Pine Nuts Sunday. Yesterday from about 5-9pm we rode Hungry Valley and some of Moonrocks. I smashed my head pipe in going down a ravine sort of water fall:cry: I now have a radiator leak and an oil leak:rolleyes: but it least my body is still ok. My game was off yesterday plus Im not near the rider the guy is leading. After hearing a few others talk about the stuff he dragged me on ( I was already pretty beat) I feel a little better about wussing out in a couple of sections and my little :crash:.

Well you road 3 of the 4 areas that I would have taken you to. The other would have been out to Peavine Mtn. Hungry valley is right behind my house, I ride there frequently. Im just glad you had a good time and nothing majorly wrong with the bike.:ride:

All three of you!

You are all part of the +2k post club and you are the only three members. Well Travace will be joining you soon, like today or tomorrow, but for now it's just you three. Only James is in the 3k league, but it's his site so he gets a pass.

I think his post count grows with EVERY post posted....:smirk:

Sun, sorry to hear about the grandmother and you not getting to see her again, that sucks. I can not believe it is still raining and possibly snowing up in Mammoth area. Weird time of year for that it seems. Sounds like you are having a great time up there in God's country even though you have had a couple of glitches. Keep on enjoying the good life up there. :thumb:

Hey, hey all you post whores:P using my thread to rack em up huh? :lol: I'm just checking in:ride: im still in Mammoth and on day 12 in my truck with my bike. Im Sitting here at Gull lake sipping coffee, looking at the glassy water thinking about never going home. I think I could do this forever minus the 400 misqueito bites! I will be home tonight and start posting up some pics in the next few days. Nothing spectacular, mostly nature stuff. I rode with MXDirtDiva yesterday and it was a blast! We rode to the lake and got in it. I look forward to catching up on all the latest here at DBA. I have 1 sticker left. I wonder where it will end up? Sorry I missed ya 2smoke. That last ride in your area smashed my head pipe pretty good! More on that later.... Thanks KTM and everyone else. I don't do well responding and posting by phone so pardon me, I don't mean to be rude. I hope everyone had a good 4th. See you all later :wave:

Hey, hey all you post whores:P using my thread to rack em up huh? :lol: I'm just checking in:ride: im still in Mammoth and on day 12 in my truck with my bike. Im Sitting here at Gull lake sipping coffee, looking at the glassy water thinking about never going home. I think I could do this forever minus the 400 misqueito bites! I will be home tonight and start posting up some pics in the next few days. Nothing spectacular, mostly nature stuff. I rode with MXDirtDiva yesterday and it was a blast! We rode to the lake and got in it. I look forward to catching up on all the latest here at DBA. I have 1 sticker left. I wonder where it will end up? Sorry I missed ya 2smoke. That last ride in your area smashed my head pipe pretty good! More on that later.... Thanks KTM and everyone else. I don't do well responding and posting by phone so pardon me, I don't mean to be rude. I hope everyone had a good 4th. See you all later :wave:

Just being a guy..............:thinking: ...:devil:.....:thinking:....actually, it sounds like a real nice vacation.....

Can't wait for the pics and stuff. Gull is my favorite place on this Earth. Have had many a good time up there. :thumb:

Well you road 3 of the 4 areas that I would have taken you to. The other would have been out to Peavine Mtn. Hungry valley is right behind my house, I ride there frequently. Im just glad you had a good time and nothing majorly wrong with the bike.:ride:

Nothing major, just a smashed head pipe that hopefully can be fixed:thumb:

awesome report so far Sun! :thumb: so how hot are those springs temp wise?

Im guessing the temp was in the high 90s

Not to worry Tim, Rack has more post than Rez, we all know who the real post whore is. :prof:

Great reporting Sun, are you tracking this on a GPS? :smirk:

No GPS on this trip.

I love the Eastern Sierras all the way from Little Lake area on up. I go up there every year to get out of the city and do some fishing, hiking and anything else that comes to mind. You are lucky as you got to continue all the way up to Truckee and beyond. The whole area is just plain beautiful. :thumb: Nice RR you are sending.

I just love it up there. Your right, just plain beautiful!

Can't wait for the pics and stuff. Gull is my favorite place on this Earth. Have had many a good time up there. :thumb:

Gull is such a neat, quiet place. It was nice to sip coffee and watch the calm water and people fish. Hard to believe places like that still exisit and arnt spoiled being so close to Los Angeles. No dirty diapers or beer cans laying around.

My brother and I hiked from Gull up to Gem lake many moons ago...what a beautiful place! ok now ........ :focus:

I have never been to Gem lake. I would like to check that out sometime. How far of a hike was it? We started to head to Fern lake while being eatten alive by bugs but turned around when some back packers said we still had about a mile up hill to go. We wernt prepared for it so we turned around.

So...back to the delayed program:smirk: I think I left off at heading up to Reno to see my friend Michelle. It was such a gorgeous drive. I stopped in Gardnerville to stretch and take a break. Love the little streets around there. I felt like I went back in time. Came up on these poppies that were amazing and giant!
IMG_6346-1.jpg

IMG_6340-1.jpg

IMG_6343.jpg

My friend I stayed with in Reno has a house in town and lives with her son and 3 pit bulls. They are so cute and loveable! I know some people are anti pit but Im not. Those dogs wanted to cuddle, sleep with me and sit on my lap. One of them started to head out the front door and my friend yelled "grab her!" I was on the front porch and swung around to grab her and fell down skinning my knee. A tiny scrape that was going to get all irritated by my knee guards. Great! the ride hasnt even started and I've already managed to hurt myself:banghead:
IMG_6402.jpg

IMG_6359.jpg

IMG_6412.jpg

IMG_6434.jpg

Friday night we went over to Neil's house to drop my bike off and meet his wife. I have rode with Neil in Cal City before. He has always said come up and ride, so I took him up on it. His wife doesnt ride. Broke her collar bone and said she had enough. She was sweet and even gave me a necklace she made for my Birthday. After we dropped my bike off we decided to go into down town Reno for a beer. Reno is as pretty as it is ugly. Does that make sense? Some sections of town are dumpy with hookers and crack heads. But at the same time there are some really neat sections that are historic and really beautiful. It has classy places too. You just need to know where they are. It is a mix of everything there. Something for everybody and one hour from some of the best snow skiing in the world, Tahoe! Not to mention dirt biking, back packing, river rafting and the list goes on and on....
Here we are walking to the pub in down town next to the river.

So we go into this small pub and there are only a few people there. I told Michelle I didnt want to party and stay up late. I wanted to be fresh for the ride. As were sitting there in walks this wasted lady with her tits hanging out:lol: she went up to this man at the bar and was leaning on him. I thought she knew him, but she didint. Poor guy looked scared. She was agressive and you could tell he was turned off. I love people watching so this made for a good show. I was going to take a pic of her but I didnt want her to catch me doing it. But she did catch me looking at her across the bar and yelled hello to me and waved. I said to Michelle "oh boy, I hope she doesnt come over to us":rolleyes: Sure enough she did. She wanted to know where we were from and if we were going to the "Pre Burn." We said we knew nothing about it. She told us it was a celebration leading up to the Burning Man festival later in the year. She said we should check it out. It is just across the river directly from the pub. So needless to say I was all over that idea. Talk about people watching to the max!! I've reached my Vimeo limit for the week so I cant share everything. The naked chicks dancing will have to wait :lol: Mean while the pub started filling up with strange people like dudes in skirts:shocked: there were many and none of them were carrying bag pipes.
IMG_6514.jpg

Keep in mind this ride report is all done by my iphone. So the quality sort of sucks. BTW...I did get a Go Pro Hero for my B-day:thumb: I just need to figure it all out. Im sure I will be having some questions about it for you all.
So this "Pre Burn" is a gathering around a fire structure. I believe they take this structure to the desert for "Burning Man Festival." Google it if you want to know more about "Burning Man." It is a trippy gathering of thousands in the middle of the desert. My Husband went last year with friends. And no, he doesnt wear a skirt or drop acid :lol:

There were spinners and twirlers with fire sticks and fire balls dancing. I couldnt upload to Vimeo because of my limit. I did however get this guy who for some reason thought I needed to Hoola Hoop. But even weirder is he thought I was selling them.:noidea: What the heck? I didnt even fit in with that crowd let alone start marketing to them:lol: Check out how this guy thinks I should hoola and then thinks Im selling the hoops.

All kinds of colorful people there in trippy outfits. How would you like to have a Mom like this?
IMG_6528-1.jpg