New Years Weekend in Spangler

OK, so the CDA Family pulled out of the homestead on Thursday morning and arrived in the Dez at noon. The place was pretty dead, so we unloaded CDA Sr's new toy and told him to put around while CDA Jr and I setup camp.

DSCN0211.JPG

Where did he go? Oh there he is, cruising down the road.
DSCN0213.JPG

Toys unloaded, camp setup, fire pit cleaned out and CDA Sr relaxing in the sun.
DSCN0216.JPG

We realized that we have not had anything to eat since we got up, so The Mgr made us some lunch. CDA Sr is enjoying the sun and his lunch.
DSCN0217.JPG

Xquardtard showed up and unloaded. Here he is warming up his four fitty.
DSCN0218.JPG
DSCN0219.JPG

Stay tuned.....

After lunch, CDA Sr. was ready to burn more fuel, so............

We strapped a helmet on him and off he went.
DSCN0221.JPG
DSCN0222.JPG

Here is SPY, Xquardtard and CDA Jr chillin at camp.
DSCN0224.JPG

I saw a rig driving down the road and look who it is, but Captain Pumpkin and family.
DSCN0226.JPG

Time to burn some wood and warm up the bodies.
DSCN0230.JPG

As the sun was going down......
DSCN0232.JPG

The moon was coming up....
DSCN0233.JPG

We told a few lies around the fire and I tried to wait up for Rack, but it got late and I went to bed.

Stay Tuned...

How much you want for that used up 570? :smirk:

Don't know yet... I saw a NEW (stock) 2009 going for $9,995... mines a 2011 with most if not ALL the goodies already on it. My balance is $%&,*#@. I did a quick check on KBB and it looks like I'll be keeping it for a while unless there's someone out there who wants to take over payments..... :devil:

Don't know yet... I saw a NEW (stock) 2009 going for $9,995... mines a 2011 with most if not ALL the goodies already on it. My balance is $%&,*#@. I did a quick check on KBB and it looks like I'll be keeping it for a while unless there's someone out there who wants to take over payments..... :devil:
I kind of thought that was the case. Now don't go getting a sxs and deepen your sorrows.

OK, here is some more.

So Friday morning rolled around and I spent most of the day giving demo rides in the Cat. But towards the end of the day I took my dad out on a tour over towards the Anthill close to Ridgecrest.

All the years that I raced out there in the dez, my dad was only exposed to the selected areas that we camped/pitted from (Prospectors, Dirt Diggers, Teagle, and Charlie's Place). So I wanted to take him out and show him the areas that we ride and places/valleys I twisted throttle across.

Here we stopped on top of the hill and you can see Ridgecrest in the background.
DSCN0236.JPG

On the other side of the Cat is a pretty deep hole.
DSCN0237.JPG

:wow: I would hate to fall into that thing...:thinking: come to think of it, I may know a couple people that I might bring back to visit this site..:devil:
DSCN0235.JPG

After we checked out the deep hole in the ground, I backed up the hill and gave Dad the controls and we headed on down towards Dirt Digger camp, but stayed high and cruised across the dez.

Look how focused he is.
DSCN0238.JPG

Picking up some speed.
DSCN0239.JPG

Enjoying the trail in front of us....Where are those FRQs? :smirk:
DSCN0240.JPG

Stay tuned...

OK, here is some more.

So Friday morning rolled around and I spent most of the day giving demo rides in the Cat. But towards the end of the day I took my dad out on a tour over towards the Anthill close to Ridgecrest.

All the years that I raced out there in the dez, my dad was only exposed to the selected areas that we camped/pitted from (Prospectors, Dirt Diggers, Teagle, and Charlie's Place). So I wanted to take him out and show him the areas that we ride and places/valleys I twisted throttle across.

Here we stopped on top of the hill and you can see Ridgecrest in the background.
View attachment 11428

On the other side of the Cat is a pretty deep hole.
View attachment 11429

:wow: I would hate to fall into that thing...:thinking: come to think of it, I may know a couple people that I might bring back to visit this site..:devil:
View attachment 11427

After we checked out the deep hole in the ground, I backed up the hill and gave Dad the controls and we headed on down towards Dirt Digger camp, but stayed high and cruised across the dez.

Look how focused he is.
View attachment 11430

Picking up some speed.
View attachment 11431

Enjoying the trail in front of us....Where are those FRQs? :smirk:
View attachment 11432

Stay tuned...

LOVEN IT...... :thumb:

Here is a random picture of Shark Rock.

DSCN0242.JPG

The nights are getting better with the sunsets.
DSCN0243.JPG

Got up Sat morning and thought I would share the camp site as it is growing by the day. Front left to right around the circle. Rack, Captain Pumpkin, CDA, Xquardtard, WeatherGeek and Fireman John.
DSCN0245.JPG

The night before, Rack said he wanted to stretch out the scooters, so we were heading out in the morning. As I was walking back to the CDA compound to get dressed, I saw this ungodly site. :shocked:
DSCN0249.JPG

Rack can't go anywhere without cooking breakfast for his boys and getting his bacon. :smirk:

Stay tuned....

Rack, GMan, CDA Jr and Myself took off and went for a ride. I did not have my camera on my so Rack will need to fill in her as he had his. We took off and went over Teagle Wash valley and while bush hopping (Timo tried this and it bit him hard :smirk:) we ran across a site that had objects placed out there that looked like it was the start of something. :noidea: So we said to ourselves, "we need to go back and get the group and bring them out here, they will never believe it."

So we gathered the troops and headed out.

CDA Sr and Little G (not GMan) in the Cat.
DSCN0250.JPG

Pat soiled himself on our ride earlier so he thought he would catch a ride with Mrs. CDA (Mgr). She booted him shortly after this picture.
DSCN0251.JPG

CDA Jr and Rack Jr ready to go....
DSCN0252.JPG

Group shot, let's do this....
DSCN0254.JPG

Stay tuned....

What's your monthly payment?:thinking:

So off we go, heading out.

Here are the boys on the scooters waiting for us slower riders. CDA Jr, GMan and Rack Jr.
DSCN0255.JPG

CDA the tour guide leading his flock.
DSCN0257.JPG

I had no idea how many people we had until I stopped at a junction to change course...:wow:
DSCN0259.JPG

Off we go again. Notice Guppy right on my six. :ride: :thumb:
DSCN0265.JPG

Another stop for the group to squeeze back together.
DSCN0267.JPG

Here is 530 telling Xquadtard, "Dude this is the best, I need to gather the rest of my FRQs for this ride":smirk:
DSCN0268.JPG

So we are almost to our destination when I find this little gem......

LAWN CHAIR THREAD - reactivated:thumb:
DSCN0269.JPG
Somebody new I would be here.

We finally made it...........Barbie Paradise!!!

Rack & CDA - The finders.
DSCN0279.JPG

That's right, in the middle of nowhere, we stumble across this what looks to be the making of a Barbie town. Rack and I are officially calling it Barbie Paradise as there is no name out there yet and I have never heard of this place. We will start to add to it and yes that means I need to purchase Barbies and carry them with me on my scooter...:devil:

Of course I need to add my newly found Lawn Chair to the location.
DSCN0271.JPG

Group Shots:
530 Jr, CDA Jr, GMan, Guppy, Rack Jr and CP Jr.
DSCN0276.JPG

Not naming them all, but here is the whole group that went out.
DSCN0280.JPG

Someone in the group did not want to be identified and kept their helmet on. I don't blame them.

So all you DBAers out there. Next time you are out riding in the Spangler area, you may want to bring along a Barbie toy as you never know if you will run across this cool site.

Time to load up and head back to camp, As the comedian Titus would say "Looks like a storms a comin'"......

Stay Tuned.....