New Years Weekend in Spangler

I can only imagine. I see these types of things at Bert's Motorcycle near my place and some of them have a price tag of $25,000 and more. :shocked: I always give the guys crap and tell them I can go out and buy a nice new Jeep with a/c and a heater for that price.
Mine is nicely equipped and well under $25k new. You are not doing what we were doing in a Jeep though. :smirk:

25k? WTF!!! That's a lot for a toy and then there are mods. What is the used market like?

I have a feeling that one of these eats up the trails a bit smoother than a jeep or 4x4 truck. Before I bought a bike I used to travel the desert in a 4x4 Toyota PU. That thing beat me up on the less than smooth roads.

Mine is nicely equipped and well under $25k new. You are not doing what we were doing in a Jeep though. :smirk:
True, but a Jeep can go anywhere and is a lot of fun as well and has a heater for those cold days and nights. :prof:
25k? WTF!!! That's a lot for a toy and then there are mods. What is the used market like?

I have a feeling that one of these eats up the trails a bit smoother than a jeep or 4x4 truck. Before I bought a bike I used to travel the desert in a 4x4 Toyota PU. That thing beat me up on the less than smooth roads.
I believe it. My Jeep has some nice shocks and suspension and you also need to air down those tires. :thumb:

I have 17,000 in my LC now with all the upgrades and I'll take it over a sideXside any day! I am with you 530, heat and AC like a friken living room. LOL

How much?

I can only imagine. I see these types of things at Bert's Motorcycle near my place and some of them have a price tag of $25,000 and more. :shocked: I always give the guys crap and tell them I can go out and buy a nice new Jeep with a/c and a heater for that price.

If I remember correctly itws a2009 (highly modified) for $17,000... NEW 4 seaters are stickered around $19,000. I might be sticking with building my Bronco... it seats 5... broken drivers window, lost the power steering and brakes... other than that it's a pretty solid machine. I want to strip it down to allow for HUGEMONGOUS tires, re-gear it accordingly and put a full cage on it.

and I always told customers that would come in and tell me something like that to "go do it". This was comparing similar vehicles to each other on diferent lots.. they'd leave and 9 out of 10 tiems they'd come back realizing they're taing SHIT and I called their bluff!

Just keep in mind that the guys seling them aren't creating the numbers out of their head... they buy them for a certain price from the manufacturer and ask the MARKET PRICE for the product.... customers really slay me... :rolleyes:

4 seater stock razer things that dont even look all that bad ass are 20k new

ps... you are not doing what those do ina jeep. its a different beast.

i was going down the highway when two guys in one were on the side of the road haulin butt. i can see they had headphones to talk to each other. one looks at the other then points at us(doing 55 towing) and they start pullin on me going thorugh whoops and turns in the dirt. so i get up to about 65 and they are matching my speed np. then some gnarly shit comes up and they pitch it sideways and then i pull a little a head but i can see them high fiving each other. i was chearing them on from my truck :lol: i must admit it looked like those 2 dudes were having a blast in it.

They are fun as hell until you do an end over end or sideways roll, then the fun stops. If you want speed in the terrain then you MUST have it set up right and know how to drive.

You guys are all missing the point of how cool it
was for CDA to be going down the trails with CDA Sr. :ride:

Naw, it wasn't missed, that was mentioned at the beginning this is just an expanded bit of comments about pros and cons , etc.

They are fun as hell until you do an end over end or sideways roll, then the fun stops. If you want speed in the terrain then you MUST have it set up right and know how to drive.

This is true with anything... if you're ove ryour head something bad is going to happen unless you're lucky. It was mentioned MANY MANY times that 4 wheels (quads) are a false sense of security... sitting still and rolling in a straight line is easy until you have to turn and/or the terrain changes then it's experience and knowledge of which MANY people don't have. As for the cars (UTVs), they have a cage which is far safer than a quad HOWEVER here to there's a safety factor.

No point missed at all. That is hella bitchen to have you and/or your dad cruising around in one of them things.

Now post up some picture and get this thread back on track! :wave: :prof:

OK, I will post up some pics and my report. This could cover a few posts so stay tuned.

Oh and yes that is me in the avatar trying to replicate the move I pulled on Gman's bike during T-Day, but I was a little more nose down then this...:smirk: