New Years Weekend in Spangler

What another great trip to the camping spot. The weather was a bit chilly but nothing to keep any of us from having a great time. Here is a morning shot of the outdoor temp and the inside temp. I fired up the furnace very quickly.IMG_0079.JPG

I like to get some pictures of our group members so here are a couple to share. Here is 530ktm rig.IMG_0055.JPG

CDA massive set up. IMG_0056.JPG

The Rack homestead. IMG_0062.JPG

The Xquadtart gathering. IMG_0061.JPG And of course the Weathergeek rig with flags a flying.IMG_0054.JPG Here is a shot of the entire group, although there were too many rigs to get them all in the picture. IMG_0057.JPG More to come.

My 2 good friends whom are twins that some people refer to as the FRQ's showed up this time and had a great time. Here is a shot of my son, me and the 2 brothers. I have been riding dirt bikes with these 2 guys since our high school days. :thumb: IMG_0072.JPG Here is CDA and CDA senior getting ready to take a journey in the 4 wheel rig. IMG_0066.JPG How cool is that to be able to take your 80 some year old dad out for some fun in the dirt. He even drove it out into the desert for some other fun that we did which will come up in later posts I am sure. Here are a few shots of my friends and son out in the vast desert on a trip over to the Trona Pinnacles.IMG_0091.JPGIMG_0094.JPG IMG_0097.JPGIMG_0101.JPGIMG_0104.JPG
All of my new friends and families that I have had the fun of hanging out with and enjoying the good times because of this place. IMG_0083.JPG More to come.

Some people had some unfortunate mishaps over the weekend and here is a shot of one of them. IMG_0065.JPG Some pictures of the campfire gathering. IMG_0049.JPGIMG_0050.JPG And a few random good time pictures to share like Weathergeek running over for some festivities. IMG_0067.JPG IMG_0060.JPG IMG_0058.JPG A couple more shots out on the trails. IMG_0075.JPGIMG_0077.JPG My son and me posing. IMG_0078.JPG And the boy out on the trail ridge with his new riding gear and GoPro for the action. IMG_0074.JPG I look forward to the many more posts and pictures to come as most of the gang are not coming home until today. I left yesterday afternoon after the nice 50 mile loop to the pinnacles to be home for the new years eve festivities. :devil:

Nice, looks like you had some fun,but burrr... i think you have to have somthing with a heater in it this time of year.:thumb:

Nice, looks like you had some fun,but burrr... i think you have to have somthing with a heater in it this time of year.:thumb:
A big camp fire is nice along with the furnace but to be honest when out riding it is not bad at all once you get the blood pumping.

Nice start Diamond Dave. :thumb:

I may have a few photos to share, but not today. Still have dad here and we have a full day ahead of us.

nice RR Dave:thumb:

So where did that green machince come from CDA?? DO tell, I want a full report on the that thing! :prof:
I believe he picked that up for CDA Senior so he could join in the fun out on the trails which he did just that. That thing is 4 wheel drive and is very sweet. Rez, perhaps you should look into something like this machine. :thinking: I believe it is called the Artic Cat which the name does not really fit into the desert scene but it is a nice machine. I am sure CDA will have more input on this.

I believe he picked that up for CDA Senior so he could join in the fun out on the trails which he did just that. That thing is 4 wheel drive and is very sweet. Rez, perhaps you should look into something like this machine. :thinking: I believe it is called the Artic Cat which the name does not really fit into the desert scene but it is a nice machine. I am sure CDA will have more input on this.

Way ahead of you 530 however I'd prefer a 4 seater... Need to be able to take the G'kids out for a REZride.... :eek: