New Years Weekend in Spangler

It's called a Wildcat by Arctic Cat. 2 and 4 wheel drive on demand. They do make a 4 seat that came out in 2013.

I'll post pics up later and give a report.

It's called a Wildcat by Arctic Cat. 2 and 4 wheel drive on demand. They do make a 4 seat that came out in 2013.

I'll post pics up later and give a report.

I looked them up... the 4 seater comes out in Feb or Mar of 2013... there are 3 brands that have the stretched 4 seater ratehr than the original rear seat over the rear axle... Polaris, Can Am and Arctic Cat. I like the one with the 1000cc motor... not sure if they all have V-twin but with a 900cc min of the 3 I'm almost sure they do. One of them has a 10 gal tank, all have roughly 13in rear travel....etc.

I need to go look at them this weekend. Then i need to find out if it'll fit in my TH... max length is 12' (probably ok) but the height of the roll bar is the question... will it fit under the bed???

:banana: we shall see

Please don't think that four wheels means no risk. The stats on side by sides are not all that great.

Not at all, If anything I am the utmost apponent of people (with no experience) buying them without being trained. I totally understand the safety factor of both quads and side by sides and how "insecure" they actually are. I had friends that (with no prior experience) went out and bought quads... each of them have had nasty falls because they wouldn't listen to me when I told them they need to lean, shift weight, throttle back, etc. when riding those things. A false sense of security by far.

There wil be a helmet rule when driving/riding in mine...

Not at all, If anything I am the utmost apponent of people (with no experience) buying them without being trained. I totally understand the safety factor of both quads and side by sides and how "insecure" they actually are. I had friends that (with no prior experience) went out and bought quads... each of them have had nasty falls because they wouldn't listen to me when I told them they need to lean, shift weight, throttle back, etc. when riding those things. A false sense of security by far.

There wil be a helmet rule when driving/riding in mine...
its the law now anyway.

I looked them up... the 4 seater comes out in Feb or Mar of 2013... there are 3 brands that have the stretched 4 seater ratehr than the original rear seat over the rear axle... Polaris, Can Am and Arctic Cat. I like the one with the 1000cc motor... not sure if they all have V-twin but with a 900cc min of the 3 I'm almost sure they do. One of them has a 10 gal tank, all have roughly 13in rear travel....etc.

I need to go look at them this weekend. Then i need to find out if it'll fit in my TH... max length is 12' (probably ok) but the height of the roll bar is the question... will it fit under the bed???

:banana: we shall see
Mine is the 2 seater and has the v-twin. 18" of travel and 13.5 ground clearance sitting on Walker Evans shocks.

The 2 seater sits at 11 feet bumper to bumper and I have a 14' box to load in. I can get it loaded and shoe horn 3 bikes around it. The RZR is taller and narrower than the cat. Mine fits under the beds no problem. Not sure about the RZR. I think a 4 seater might be a tight fit or will not fit if you only have 12' to park.

I have a great shot that rack took of my dad and I crawling over some rocks that shows the suspension and ground clearance well. I'm at the airport right now dropping off dad so I will post later when I get to work.

Mine is the 2 seater and has the v-twin. 18" of travel and 13.5 ground clearance sitting on Walker Evans shocks.

The 2 seater sits at 11 feet bumper to bumper and I have a 14' box to load in. I can get it loaded and shoe horn 3 bikes around it. The RZR is taller and narrower than the cat. Mine fits under the beds no problem. Not sure about the RZR. I think a 4 seater might be a tight fit or will not fit if you only have 12' to park.

I have a great shot that rack took of my dad and I crawling over some rocks that shows the suspension and ground clearance well. I'm at the airport right now dropping off dad so I will post later when I get to work.

That's right 18" travel....

I was worried about the length... dang it. Well, guess I need to do "2" things now......... :devil:

Wanna see the pics... sounds like fun!

That's right 18" travel....

I was worried about the length... dang it. Well, guess I need to do "2" things now......... :devil:

Wanna see the pics... sounds like fun!
Here is a teaser of the Cat with Dad behind the wheel.
DSCN0221.JPG

I will be updating this RR with my pics and will have more of the Cat out on the trails.

i should have got a pic of the one i seen CDA. i was waiting for the familys new year shirts to be made and the guy rolled into the blu inn. it was that but really tricked out with nice lights. maybe it was a little longer im not sure but it had a big fan thing right behind the guys head, tubes running from the guys helmet, it looked like a mini pre runner from baja or some shit. in told the wife her dad needs to get one of those.

i should have got a pic of the one i seen CDA. i was waiting for the familys new year shirts to be made and the guy rolled into the blu inn. it was that but really tricked out with nice lights. maybe it was a little longer im not sure but it had a big fan thing right behind the guys head, tubes running from the guys helmet, it looked like a mini pre runner from baja or some shit. in told the wife her dad needs to get one of those.

I went on Craigslist and found a RZR (Razor) that looked like you described... it had a LED light bar across the top, a rear light panel like a race car would have, a custom roll bar..... It was pretty cool...

How much?
I can only imagine. I see these types of things at Bert's Motorcycle near my place and some of them have a price tag of $25,000 and more. :shocked: I always give the guys crap and tell them I can go out and buy a nice new Jeep with a/c and a heater for that price.

I can only imagine. I see these types of things at Bert's Motorcycle near my place and some of them have a price tag of $25,000 and more. :shocked: I always give the guys crap and tell them I can go out and buy a nice new Jeep with a/c and a heater for that price.

Wasnt too long ago where a brand new Jeep was 10-13k and a chevy S10 blazer was about the same price..