New to me truck

Got the bed. Took a 6x10 from work and did 70 on the way there. On the way back, not so much. Top speed was 65 pegged in 3rd downhill behind a semi lol. So 55 was more like it. Definitely putting the 3.73 rear in my ranger soon. A strap also broke or something on the way home about 5 miles from my house because i was on the interstate and the bed shot sideways and almost flew off the trailer. That was one of the all time scariest times of my life. So i put a new strap on and made sure the others were good and it was smooth sailing from there on out. The bed is in awesome condition and i got the tailgate with it. He gave me the patch for the tiny spot of rust that was on it too. :thumbs:. Now i just gotta get that frame painted...........

DSC00447.JPG

Notice how the bed is bigger than my entire truck................
DSC00448.JPG
DSC00449.JPG
DSC00450.JPGDSC00451.JPG

got dem brakes and axle shafts out. Broke one of the drums :(. I was planning on just having my buddy resurface them for me so i could save some $$.

I did actually get all the hardware and backing plate off too i just took this pic for reference when i forget how it goes together in a month.
DSC00483.JPG
DSC00486.JPGDSC00487.JPG

Mocked the receiver up with some crappy HF bolts for now, gonna get some grade 8's for it tomorrow at work. It collected some dust from all my wire-wheeling. Also hit the washer's/reinforcement brackets for it with the rusto hammered stuff. Can't believe how great that works.
DSC00492.JPGDSC00493.JPG

Soaked all the wires in gas and then took my time and wiped them down. Got them really cleaned up so i started running those.
DSC00494.JPG

Put the tank straps on.
DSC00495.JPGDSC00496.JPG

Primered and painted my backing plates. Still needs another coat on this side
DSC00498.JPG

Also got my axle seals out with the help of a crowbar
DSC00500.JPG

Here is a question for you guys; I wire wheeled the threads on the tank straps to clean them up because they were rusty. Now that they are on and threaded nicely they are bare metal and i don't want them to rust within the first day of driveing it so what should i do to them so this doesn't happen? Someone told me to put anti-size all over them and that seemed like a decent idea. I don't really want to paint them. What do you guys think?
DSC00497.JPG

Hey, check your pin wear in the carrier...Like were the spider gears are... make sure they ain't no slop on the shaft.. If there is any amount of slop, Replace that pin. And that rear end will last another life time.

New seals in, put the rear end back together and 85w-140 for all that HARDCORE TOWING BRAH along with some limited slip fluid. Then i put the backing plates on with new bolts and the wheel cylinders on. Have everything else i need for the brakes besides parking brake cables and drums. Haveing a hard time finding the cables. Also put the stock wheels on while i get the tire/rim combo i will be running for a while together
DSC00502.JPGDSC00503.JPGDSC00504.JPG
DSC00508.JPG

And this is how rusty those old wagon wheels were
DSC00505.JPG