New to me truck

So i bedlined the hitch receiver with some spray on rusto-bedliner. This stuff is absolute gold. I used it on a bunch of ranger parts almost 6 months ago and they still look new after an ohio winter. Its the toughest stuff you can buy out of a rattle can imo.
DSC00430.JPG

Then today i finished cleaning up the axle after a bunch of old gas baths. Actually turned out to work OK.
DSC00431.JPGDSC00432.JPG

Then i pulled the cover off to i could change the fluids, clean, paint.

DSC00433.JPG

I picked up a can of this rusto hammered stuff at work. Guy that i work with painted his rims with it over 2 years ago and they still look new. Figured i'd give it a shot because i wanted some parts to be silver so i can add some "Flare"

DSC00429.JPG
officespace.jpg

I am planning on doing the tank straps, diff cover and driveshaft in that silver color. I think it will look pretty good when all is said and done

Axle tags were destroyed on this thing and someone on my dodge forum pointed out that i have limited slip in there. So i did some digging and i am almost positive that i have a sure-grip 9 1/4 rear end. Supposed to be a really good axle. Only problem is i went out and marked the input shaft and wheel drum with some chalk. Found out it only has 3.23's in it :cry:. Although i don't know if that is a bad set-up for highway driveing since its only a 3 speed auto.

Another question; Most of the people that take time to respond on my dodge forum are hard core mopar fans and only run the dealers oil. I have some castrol 75w-90 that i was gonna put in the rear end that already has the limited slip additive. Well after some reading it looks like i want to run some heavier oil anyways. So do i really have to buy the mopar brand? Or will anything "limited slip approved" work?

Picked up this grinder for 30$ on Saturday. Still was in the box and had the factory twist tie on the cord. Good thing too because that shitty harbor fright one completely died like 2 days before.

DSC00445.JPG

SRAD97750

Staff member
All 3 of my HF 4" grinder models have been going near 5-6 years without any incidents. I think I paid $45 total for all three... Still going strong. :noidea:-BIG DAN

All 3 of my HF 4" grinder models have been going near 5-6 years without any incidents. I think I paid $45 total for all three... Still going strong. :noidea:-BIG DAN
why does one need 3, 4'' grinders :smirk:

my saws-all cut one time, then had to replace the brushes. Which made me ask, why would a company send extra brushes with a new saw. Ahh-ha, thats why POS. can't keep the blade straight in the holder, the holder screw stripped out...guess where that saw is right now?

i got mine on sale for 5.99. I definitely got 5.99 worth of use out of it but for the amount of work im going to be using a grinder for on this truck it was time to invest in a quality one

SRAD97750

Staff member
why does one need 3, 4'' grinders :smirk:
One has grinding wheel, one has a cutoff wheel, and the 3rd holds the wire wheel. I'm not interested in swapping consumables all the time. One for each task. Also, it helps with when you have others helping you, actually being able to help out. -BIG DAN:thumb:

HF has some cheap useless crap, but I have found that generally they are worth the $$$ you actually pay. If all 3 grinders died today, I'd go out and buy 3 more...

One has grinding wheel, one has a cutoff wheel, and the 3rd holds the wire wheel. I'm not interested in swapping consumables all the time. One for each task. Also, it helps with when you have others helping you, actually being able to help out. -BIG DAN:thumb:

HF has some cheap useless crap, but I have found that generally they are worth the $$$ you actually pay. If all 3 grinders died today, I'd go out and buy 3 more...
I was actually going to buy this one for cutting/grinding purpose's and just make the HF one a wirewheel bitch. Unfortunely it died