New to me truck

Well this truck has been in my family for the last decade. The 360 in it was running rough so my dad pulled it and put a beat to hell 318 in it and then lost interest. Anyways I've always loved this thing for some reason and when my dad told me he was just gonna scrap it i told him i would buy it. Then he said "If you wanna pick it up and have somewhere to keep it you can just have it" so obviously i jumped on that offer. The body is rough and it needs some mechanical work as well but with everything else in my life it will be a work in progress.

Towing it home:
133386_363966730363040_497946222_o.jpg

Chillin the yard next to the garage, where it will most likely stay for a good portion of the winter since there is nothing but rain and snow for the next week at least
DSC00137.JPGDSC00138.JPG

The rust :mmph:
DSC00139.JPGDSC00140.JPGDSC00141.JPG

Its a BK style truck for sure, but hopefully i can get it running/driveing without too much and then get cracking on that rust in the summer

Attachments

• 544927_363994173693629_1408090302_n.jpg
    544927_363994173693629_1408090302_n.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 84
Nice score, how much work will it need to get running? Will it be your daily driver?
Not exactly sure how much. We had it running for about 2 minutes but thats streching the definition of "running" It was fireing on like 4 cylinders and popping and would only run WFO. It does have differant carb/manifold since then and i think it may be a matter of just timing or the distributor to get running. To actually get to the point where i feel safe to drive it on the road will be a moderate amount

And i will be useing it for my "heavy hauling" which i actually do at least once a week. It will save the ranger from the torture i put it through and i just like driveing it

I sorta like that front end better. Mine has the single headlight. I need to get it out, I don't have any pictures of it. ... Pre 97 f150 wheels will fit that truck also :D

I sorta like that front end better. Mine has the single headlight. I need to get it out, I don't have any pictures of it. ... Pre 97 f150 wheels will fit that truck also :D
idk if you saw the bed but i have 2 other sets of tires/wheels for this badboy. I actually like the wagon wheels though. I just need to blast them and bedline them

My dodge had those white spoke wheels, I painted black... just like on your dodge now... We are almost twinkies :) ... Mine is solid red RCLB though 360 :wink:

My dodge had those white spoke wheels, I painted black... just like on your dodge now... We are almost twinkies :) ... Mine is solid red RCLB though 360 :wink:
It had a 360 in it. I really don't want to put a flatbed on this thing but i cannot find a replacement bed for it anywhere or any parts for it besides the motor for that matter

Well i finally tracked down some patches. Its gonna take 4 differant patches just for the pass side of the bed. Probably better to wait it out and just find another bed. But they also make floors and cab corners :panic:. Still hope as long as i don't sink too much into the motor to get it to move

Really got a look under the hood today. Just about everything is n**($r rigged. Bought a lifetime warranty starter and a big battery with a 3 year for it. Installed both and found out that the inspection plate is missing on the tranny which is needed for the starter to work properly so i need to see if my dad still has that somewhere or if i need to buy one. Look's like i will be pulling the motor just to redo some of the engine compartment because nothing is right under there right now. Also, working outside during the leftovers of a hurricane is not fun, dry, or warm :smirk:

Also, working outside during the leftovers of a hurricane is not fun, dry, or warm :smirk:

:lol: That will be fun!! Dont you have a garage though?

When I was changing the glowplugs on my truck, it was snowing and freezing outside and it was miserable because you cant always wear gloves!

:lol: That will be fun!! Dont you have a garage though?

When I was changing the glowplugs on my truck, it was snowing and freezing outside and it was miserable because you cant always wear gloves!
Yeah but i get 1/2 of a 2 1/2 car garage. I have all my tools, 3 bikes, 2 workbenches and heaters/fans etc in that 1 1/4 car space i have. If im real neat and orginized i can sqeeze a vehicle in but i have the interceptor all torn down and need the space so i can finish por15ing the ranger first. Plus the thing is so big idk if i can work on it with the door shut