New to me truck

Was it still in time? If so, I don't think that is your issue.

Speaking in GM terms, Thats not super bad.And would only cause a slight fluctuation when trying to set the timing with a light.

Pull the carb off and check the intake, My dad said he thinks there is a plug. And he had a Chrys that wouldn't idle. And that plug was missing. And it wouldn't create vacuum

It was still "in time", but the cam gear was able to move a whole tooth in either direction before the chain would even think about moveing the crank. I guess i'll pull the valve covers and intake while im at it too, Guys on my dodge forum said it could be a bad cam (which personally i don't understand how it could cause that but im out of ideas anyways). Anyways, cam is probably gonna come out. On the old 360 my dad showed my that you can visually check a cam by just comparing all the lobes for differences, is that a good enough method too see if mine is bad enough to cause my issue?

Pull the carb off and check the intake, My dad said he thinks there is a plug. And he had a Chrys that wouldn't idle. And that plug was missing. And it wouldn't create vacuum

I've has the carb off 2x now and didn't see anywhere for a plug, but i like said in the last post its probably all coming off to check the cam anyways

Pull the valve covers and check all your rocker arms.... Make sure there isn't some that have a shit of slop. Bump it over and keep checking them. Make sure everything looks smooth.

If you have a lobe wore off you will see it in your rocker arms...

If you have alot of slop, "Doesn't" mean you have a lobe wore off though... Could be a collapsed lifter.

Ok, I think maybe you need someone that knows more about chrysler lol...I just looked up how to adjust the valves on one of those and it apears they might not be adjustable... So if you have sloppy rockers..Or you find some that don't move like the others.. You have an issue there.

Ok, I think maybe you need someone that knows more about chrysler lol...I just looked up how to adjust the valves on one of those and it apears they might not be adjustable... So if you have sloppy rockers..Or you find some that don't move like the others.. You have an issue there.

:lol: i just blew dan's mind with that tid bit yesterday. Yeah i'll pull them off again and check it out. I'm hopeing if everything looks good that it was just the amount of slop in that chain, it was ALOT and i would not be surprised it it messed with it somehow

:lol: i just blew dan's mind with that tid bit yesterday. Yeah i'll pull them off again and check it out. I'm hopeing if everything looks good that it was just the amount of slop in that chain, it was ALOT and i would not be surprised it it messed with it somehow

I was thinking the Chrys was the same as GM... I know fords are not adjustable... Anyways... I wouldn't pull the intake, unless you just want too.

I've seen GM with WAYYY more slop than that, And they still idle right.. But if you put a timing light on it while it was idiling, You'd never be able to catch it it would be all over the place. It could be a problem still, I can't speak much for Mopar.

yeah, i'd just like to figure out what the friggin problem is at this point. I'd it would be awesome if i don't have to redo all this work in order to figure it out

To me,buddy.... Sounds like a fuel problem. Sounds like its running off one squirter.

I wish you had a good known carb to have tried first.

See if someone you knows has a carb'd vehicle willing to pull there carb off and put your carb on... See if they can make it run decentish.

If you take that intake off, Check for cracks..