450F My new WR!

Forgot to mention that the PO is a really cool guy. I called him and asked if he had any clue what was going on before i tore into it and he was so genuinely concerned that he called back everyday since to see if i had figured it out. He also gave me a flywheel puller and manual for free yesterday so i could do the repair.

This is with the bike warm, right? Try turning the idle CCW a little and blip the throttle a few times and see if that clears it up.

If it is the fuel screw, you don't want to go more than about a 1/4 turn out. More than that i think means you aren't properly adjusted at the pilot jet.

Well i started it and mess with the idle and fuel screw real quick this morning. It stalled and now it won't start again at all so i think it got some dirt down in the pilot jet. Im just gonna pull the jets out and watch the storm tonight i guess. I did solve the oil leak this morning though so that is one positive thing :thumb:

Well i started it and mess with the idle and fuel screw real quick this morning. It stalled and now it won't start again at all so i think it got some dirt down in the pilot jet. Im just gonna pull the jets out and watch the storm tonight i guess. I did solve the oil leak this morning though so that is one positive thing :thumb:

bk2 luck.

So the jets looked perfectly clean, still sprayed them out and ran a wire through them to make sure. If i kick until im blue in the face i can get it to start and run if i hold the throttle open, as soon as you let it under ~3000 rpms it dies and is impossible to kick again. WTF IS GOING ON?

not doubting it. Just read a thread on another forum with someone haveing the same problems as me and he said a new coil fixed it. Im gonna go see if the manual has a way to test this thing

Oh no...... Phantom soft electrical ghost issue.... We just got rid of that yz250f (04) as we replaced the coil, cleaned the carb tuned it perfect..... sometimes it would run perfect..... sometimes it would run like crap..... we could never trust the bike.

Have you checked the plug for fouling? Avgas contains more lead than any leaded gas that use to be sold and used. Lead can build up on the plug and cause it to foul. Check the plug. Maybe change the plug and change out the gas to non avgas and see what happens before you start spending a lot of time chasing down electrical issues.

Just a thought......

Have you checked the plug for fouling? Avgas contains more lead than any leaded gas that use to be sold and used. Lead can build up on the plug and cause it to foul. Check the plug. Maybe change the plug and change out the gas to non avgas and see what happens before you start spending a lot of time chasing down electrical issues.

Just a thought......

wrong thread bro :smirk: