My attempt at titanium head pipe straighting by freezer method.

Waiting for outcome. Here is a question.... would that same idea work for a dented pipe/end cap on a FMF slip on?

Dont know about it working on an end cap Geek. I dont recall seeing anything on that part.

Here are the results so far"
Here is
BEFORE:
IMG_7785.jpg

And AFTER 9.5 hours in the freezer
IMG_7789.jpg

IMG_7795.jpg

As you can see it has popped some. I did notice how the couple of sharp ding like dents I had didnt budge. But the larger sweeping dent did:clap:Perhaps the shape of the dent has something to do with popability:noidea: So now Im defrosting it and will give it another round. I dont think I will cap it this time either.

Im going to be really happy if it pops out some more:banana:

Okie dokie, time to chill again:whistle:

Dont know about it working on an end cap Geek. I dont recall seeing anything on that part.

Here are the results so far"
Here is
BEFORE:
IMG_7785.jpg

And AFTER 9.5 hours in the freezer
IMG_7789.jpg

IMG_7795.jpg

As you can see it has popped some. I did notice how the couple of sharp ding like dents I had didnt budge. But the larger sweeping dent did:clap:Perhaps the shape of the dent has something to do with popability:noidea: So now Im defrosting it and will give it another round. I dont think I will cap it this time either.

Im going to be really happy if it pops out some more:banana:

Okie dokie, time to chill again:whistle:
Coined a new word?:lol: Keep us up to date on the degree of "popability":thumb::wave:

I can see filling it completely and capping the ends may possibly work. Filling it just above the dent and freezing is not going to do anything because the water expands when it freezes so it will just expand out the towards the ends of the pipe. I don't know how you would cap the ends sufficiently to keep them from popping off once the water freezes either. I will be interested to see how this works for you.

Plastic cap the same size and a hose clamp as tight as a frogs ass. Might take some time to find the cap.

I can see filling it completely and capping the ends may possibly work. Filling it just above the dent and freezing is not going to do anything because the water expands when it freezes so it will just expand out the towards the ends of the pipe. I don't know how you would cap the ends sufficiently to keep them from popping off once the water freezes either. I will be interested to see how this works for you.

Plastic cap the same size and a hose clamp as tight as a frogs ass. Might take some time to find the cap.

What about PALMERS hose clamp idea and a couple pieces of rubber (inner tube cut into squares that'll fit around the ends? You are welcome in advance (but only if it works...:prof:...:smirk: )

What about PALMERS hose clamp idea and a couple pieces of rubber (inner tube cut into squares that'll fit around the ends? You are welcome in advance (but only if it works...:prof:...:smirk: )

I dont think I want to fill it to the end or cap it. Im worried about the ends of the pipe changing shape and not fitting anymore:confused: Is that lame thinking?:noidea:I just dont know.

I dont think I want to fill it to the end or cap it. Im worried about the ends of the pipe changing shape and not fitting anymore:confused: Is that lame thinking?:noidea:I just dont know.

it's possible, it'll want to expand towards the ends (I would think...) :thinking:...i say...:thinking:.....:prof: I'll have to get back to you on this!

hey that's awesome sun, :popcorn: on the next cycle. I remember some say bigger dents take two or three freeze cycles, looking good so far, I with you on the caping it off. If it swells enough to move that dent that much. I imagine it would split the ends if it was completely full.

I googled freezing out dents...got onto All Things Moto...they say be careful filing it too much, you may slpit the seams. The DO say it does work, may take several attempts. :noidea: Just gotta try it and see...:shocked:

Better safe then sorry right? If this gets me more life out of this pipe I will be so happy. Not to mention saving some money!

Better safe then sorry right? If this gets me more life out of this pipe I will be so happy. Not to mention saving some money!

google "All Things Moto" and take a look at their threads...got some pro's and cons' of doing this.