65 Kx65 issues after rebuild

For all that has been said before, what I can be sure of is if as a buyer when looking for a bike if the seller tells me it's been rebuilt I call BS until I get proven wrong by recent receipts or a knowledgeable enough seller that knows what he's talking about, torque, tools and actual wear and tear on the specific high wear parts on a bike, if the seller isn't truthful we all know to walk away as it will cost big to put right all mistakes made on the curve, as Andy said before, once your 20 odd bikes down the line you will laugh at the past few days with or without us so keep on trucking and listen to what old guys tell you to do cos they've done it and done it and done it!
For every question you have, there's most likely a YouTube guide with explanation for methods from the likes of rocky mountain etc, if you see a cheap bike do the research before you buy it and without doubt but a manual.
EDIT-
Unless you plan on spending 3 bikes worth of cash on tools stick with 2 stroke for the moment and buy a clymer or Haynes manual for a 4T engine!
For sure listen to older guys!!! I'm now 26 and am pretty much over the "i know everything I don't need your input" stage. Listen and respect these men and women, it will highly benefit you one day. And one day you'll wish those folks were still around....

Start reading up on four stroke rebuild procedures, either in a book or online and 2atch some ""how a four stroke motorcycle engine works" videos on youtube!
Oit will all help give you an understanding of internal parts and function!
I'm not ready to go to the dark side yet....

Wow another issue with the kx65 top end again!!!! Made the mistake of buying namura piston. Piece of junk rings won't fit at all. I put the piston in once, bent one of the rings even though it was fully compressed. Bought new rings and waited a week for them to come. Replaced the broken one with a new one, tried to put the piston in with both rings compressed completely and it wouldn't go in at all again and eventually both rings snapped. Test fitted just the ring only in the cylinder and it turns out that it will never be able to fit in the cylinder without the ring overlapping itself.... So that means namura rings are crap and not sized correctly. Btw this is the stock size piston and rings I ordered. What do I do now. I don't have any money at all!!!!!!

Turns out the company I reordered from sent the wrong rings.... Wasted my time... Just re ordered the ones in the set. I must've not squeezed it in right or something idk I'm just tired of dealing with this bike.

Time out time lovestuck! Leave it alone and save up a few bucks and ask someone with tools and experience to do the top end then sell it!
I genuinely believe if you feel the need to keep buying bikes then buy and break/ part out then next dozen cheap bikes you get, it will give you a thorough appreciation of wear and tear and abused bikes/parts!
If you can get mx bikes cheap then you can buy one a week / month and use either CL or eebers to sell and build a fund for a bike you don't have to rebuild you will be in a much better place!
P.s. have you bought a manual yet?

When I was a young dumb fauck, and blew up my 79 KX 250 I rebuilt it myself with the manual. I thought that was easy, and a buddies little brother had a 1980 KX80 that needed a crank. How hard could it be I asked myself? So I brought all the parts home and put it all back together with no manual. Started right up, jumped on it, First gear great, no second but third fourth and fifth were there. I ended up riding it back down to their house and found the manual along with the primary shaft second gear. So I resplit the cases, put the gear back in,put it all back together and never worked on another bike without a manual again. So how could I do this back in 1981 with no computer or YouTube help and you refuse to listen to everybody and just be an idiot?

Timo out

When I was a young dumb fauck, and blew up my 79 KX 250 I rebuilt it myself with the manual. I thought that was easy, and a buddies little brother had a 1980 KX80 that needed a crank. How hard could it be I asked myself? So I brought all the parts home and put it all back together with no manual. Started right up, jumped on it, First gear great, no second but third fourth and fifth were there. I ended up riding it back down to their house and found the manual along with the primary shaft second gear. So I resplit the cases, put the gear back in,put it all back together and never worked on another bike without a manual again. So how could I do this back in 1981 with no computer or YouTube help and you refuse to listen to everybody and just be an idiot?

Timo out

Timo,
I love you long time. :hug:You know how to make a guy like me feel sooooooooo....... goooooooooood.
I have given up on advice to idiots :moon:that don't listen. Whens the next time out on the bikes? I miss my big little brother.. :thumb:

Alright so I ended up sending the cylinder off to powerseal USA and got it replated and the head resurfaced. That fixed my head gasket problem! Went and got everything put back together today. Tried to crank, nothing. Wouldn't even bump start down a hill. I couldn't figure it out. I had everything perfect! So I ended up taking out the spark plug to check it out... The plug has no gap at all. It's pushed together. I'm sure I could just replace the plug but I need to know why it's like this?? How did this happen? I feel like it'll just happen with the next plug and that it's causing engine damage to my fresh expensive engine.... I did send the plug with the cylinder so maybe it happened there by accident but I'm not sure... Someone please help