65 Kx65 issues after rebuild

you end up with about .080" clearance (ground strap to piston) on the 60's I have seen. Not sure about the 65's. why not gap it and turn it over with your hand and see if the electrode is moved again. WOW, though, an iridium plug!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (did you have enough money to buy enough ammo so you could shoot your other foot too???????????????????????????????)

you end up with about .080" clearance (ground strap to piston) on the 60's I have seen. Not sure about the 65's. why not gap it and turn it over with your hand and see if the electrode is moved again. WOW, though, an iridium plug!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (did you have enough money to buy enough ammo so you could shoot your other foot too???????????????????????????????)

So what size spark plug should I get?

Do what Andy said and if the plug squishes again you have a head to piston clearance issue.

there are 2 solutions, both are incredibly complex. As stated, regap the plug, install it, and if it does it again you know you have a problem. The other solution is to go to a bike shop and have them sell you the plug by application. Or...... http://lmgtfy.com/?q=KX65+Spark+Plug+#

I however, still put my money on it being squished while being worked on or while riding around in a box during transport.

seeing as how you to have a crf250r, you already know all about expensive spark plugs.

Ok so I went to the shop and bought a brand new spark plug. The one it came with from the factory. I put it on and gave the bike a lot of kicks and it didn't crank like before. I then tried to roll start it and got nothing. Right when I was about to give up I gave it one last good kick and it cranked! It idled and everything! However I cut it off shortly after because I saw smoke coming back from between the boot and carburetor. After I cut it off I pulled the plug and it was still exactly how it was when I bought it so I assume it was bent from the people who worked on my cylinder. Now I just need to know 2 things: why did it take so long to crank with the new plug, and why is it smoking from the carb boot?

Ok so I went to the shop and bought a brand new spark plug. The one it came with from the factory. I put it on and gave the bike a lot of kicks and it didn't crank like before. I then tried to roll start it and got nothing. Right when I was about to give up I gave it one last good kick and it cranked! It idled and everything! However I cut it off shortly after because I saw smoke coming back from between the boot and carburetor. After I cut it off I pulled the plug and it was still exactly how it was when I bought it so I assume it was bent from the people who worked on my cylinder. Now I just need to know 2 things: why did it take so long to crank with the new plug, and why is it smoking from the carb boot?

Make sure the boot is sealed and that you have fresh gas. 2 strokes are also very finicky with jetting. I'd pull the carb and clean the jets. Maybe replace them with some stock or what FMF suggests on their website. When you're starting it are you making sure your giving it a little gas like you're suppose to start a 2 stroke?

Ok I found out... Coolant is still somehow getting into the cylinder... How???? The head is resurfaced. Brand new gaskets. And a torqued the bolts down to factory specs with a torque wrench... I just don't understand what's going on...