65 Kx65 issues after rebuild

I can't anymore!!! Dan, ban me if you have to.
Lovesrippingpeopleoff::foul:
You buy bikes, half ass them back together, make a profit, refuse good advice, refuse to buy the correct tools, buy more bikes, half ass them back together, and sell them for a profit, come on here and say you don't have the money for the correct tools or manuals... Did I miss anything? You are BAD FOR RIPPING PEOPLE OFF FOR SHITTY WORK!
How about paypaling everone that helps with some of you winnings? Maybe the carma won't run your ass over!
Actually every one of my bikes that I sell has no issues and I save the buyers numbers just in case they have any issues on my part. I always take everyone's advice. I make mistakes but I always go over them multiple times and even have to rebuild the engine over and over until everything runs perfect. That's how you learn. I don't expect for your first time rebuilds to go perfectly smooth problem free, right? Anyways back on topic, I ordered all new gaskets again so once they come in I'll borrow someone's torque wrench and bolt it up to spec now that I've learned my lesson. Also when I pulled the cylinder off, I really didn't bolt it down too good so that explains it.

Don't see anyone else my age doing what I can do. I'm already way ahead haha and trust me if something isn't right I don't just let it be. That's the point of this thread, to get help. And I'm not gonna buy a manual I already have one online.

Well after you are about 20 more deep in the rebuilds I would probably hire you to work on my stuff. Just find the balance fast on what is a waste of money and what isn't. the rule of thumb and the other 4 fingers for me is that a tool that is USED, MAKES you money, and is not wasted. Useable torque wrenches are available for under 25 dollars everywhere. Once you get one, use it ONLY, ONLY, ONLY for fastening things down, not tearind down. Never go past the scale or even within 10% of it's max. If you end up having to have the head resurfaced, along with gaskets, you will find out how cheap the wrench WOULD have been.

The paper manuals which are still easier to page through cover to cover will beat trying to find something online more times than not. Time is worth something, being thorough and getting it right the first time, especially for the green years, and you can send the manual with the bike, unless you are concerned that you may buy a similar bike in the future (i think the best money is made on the little bikes). So your idea of what a waste is and mine REALLY differ there.

I am really glad you haven't tried a 4 stroke yet!!!

I use online manuals on my lap top, but a paper manual is still easier to follow and use.

You can buy a torque wrench fairly cheap, though for something that is a precision instrument I'd rather spend the money on a snap on or CDI but you're regardless, it is a must have for all mechanical work.
Hell, Uhaul insists that I torque the lug nuts roadside, and for good reason.

Last edited:
Ripping people off one or two bikes at a time.
Get the proper tools, read, understand, and follow the specs in the manual. Age has nothing to do with it "mr pat myself on the back"! Really, you think you are doing people a favor for not following specification that are out in the manual? They are not coloring books where it's "ok" to draw outside the lines and express yourself. Reminds me of all the little Johnny jokes. But I guess we can insert your name.

Well after you are about 20 more deep in the rebuilds I would probably hire you to work on my stuff. Just find the balance fast on what is a waste of money and what isn't. the rule of thumb and the other 4 fingers for me is that a tool that is USED, MAKES you money, and is not wasted. Useable torque wrenches are available for under 25 dollars everywhere. Once you get one, use it ONLY, ONLY, ONLY for fastening things down, not tearind down. Never go past the scale or even within 10% of it's max. If you end up having to have the head resurfaced, along with gaskets, you will find out how cheap the wrench WOULD have been.

The paper manuals which are still easier to page through cover to cover will beat trying to find something online more times than not. Time is worth something, being thorough and getting it right the first time, especially for the green years, and you can send the manual with the bike, unless you are concerned that you may buy a similar bike in the future (i think the best money is made on the little bikes). So your idea of what a waste is and mine REALLY differ there.

I am really glad you haven't tried a 4 stroke yet!!!
Yeah I'm definitely going to get a torque wrench as soon as I get one of these bikes sold! And about the four stroke... I got one of those engines already pulled the cylinder and piston off for another bike I'm working on.

For all that has been said before, what I can be sure of is if as a buyer when looking for a bike if the seller tells me it's been rebuilt I call BS until I get proven wrong by recent receipts or a knowledgeable enough seller that knows what he's talking about, torque, tools and actual wear and tear on the specific high wear parts on a bike, if the seller isn't truthful we all know to walk away as it will cost big to put right all mistakes made on the curve, as Andy said before, once your 20 odd bikes down the line you will laugh at the past few days with or without us so keep on trucking and listen to what old guys tell you to do cos they've done it and done it and done it!
For every question you have, there's most likely a YouTube guide with explanation for methods from the likes of rocky mountain etc, if you see a cheap bike do the research before you buy it and without doubt but a manual.
EDIT-
Unless you plan on spending 3 bikes worth of cash on tools stick with 2 stroke for the moment and buy a clymer or Haynes manual for a 4T engine!

Last edited:
I use online manuals on my lap top, but a paper manual is still easier to follow and use.

You can buy a torque wrench fairly cheap, though for something that is a precision instrument I'd rather spend the money on a snap on or CDI but you're regardless, it is a must have for all mechanical work.
Hell, Uhaul insists that I torque the lug nuts roadside, and for good reason.

At home I use the book manuals for the bikes I own, but at work I use online manuals, print the sections I need, use them for reference, spill coffee on them or whatever. Don't have to worry about ruining a spendy manual and it saves massively on space since we don't need a wall of manuals anymore.

Yeah I'm definitely going to get a torque wrench as soon as I get one of these bikes sold! And about the four stroke... I got one of those engines already pulled the cylinder and piston off for another bike I'm working on.

don't put it back together before you fully understand valve timing :-), or have a six pack of free valves.

At home I use the book manuals for the bikes I own, but at work I use online manuals, print the sections I need, use them for reference, spill coffee on them or whatever. Don't have to worry about ruining a spendy manual and it saves massively on space since we don't need a wall of manuals anymore.

It is a totally different scenario when you already understand the procedures and are just looking for something specific. I would never trade my paper manuals for a steady diet of online, especially for something that is new to me. When it is right there to page through, you pick up on things you didn't even know to look for. makes the 3-60 dollar price worth it. On my tanker trucks, they run upwards of 700 new now. Worth every dollar.

It is a totally different scenario when you already understand the procedures and are just looking for something specific. I would never trade my paper manuals for a steady diet of online, especially for something that is new to me. When it is right there to page through, you pick up on things you didn't even know to look for. makes the 3-60 dollar price worth it. On my tanker trucks, they run upwards of 700 new now. Worth every dollar.

To each their own, I've really grown to prefer on line, its still the exact same manual (Mitchell), I can cross the steps off, make notes on them, but I understand everybody has a way that's familuar to them.

Start reading up on four stroke rebuild procedures, either in a book or online and 2atch some ""how a four stroke motorcycle engine works" videos on youtube!
Oit will all help give you an understanding of internal parts and function!