Other Kawasaki Kx80 build

Go back thru and check that all the gears, thrust washers, clips, are all there, also re check that the case bearings are seated all the way in the case, no burrs on the shafts, like DAN said before verify it will go thru all the gears, if not that's an indication somthing is off. I found this schematic to help you with assembly of the transmission.

image.jpg

By the way, is it just the gears that bind or is it the crank as well?

Go back thru and check that all the gears, thrust washers, clips, are all there, also re check that the case bearings are seated all the way in the case, no burrs on the shafts, like DAN said before verify it will go thru all the gears, if not that's an indication somthing is off. I found this schematic to help you with assembly of the transmission.

It's just the gears. The crank spins great. Everything is seated and it goes through all the gears like it should. I have no idea why it won't turn once I bolt it down.

Have you tried to sinch all the bolts to 7 ft pounds and then try to spin? One bolt in the video and it could be binding just that side.
I don't have a torque wrench or anything, but if I even hardly slightly tighten the bolt down at all, it tightens the gears up and they won't twist.

View attachment 28520

Is this what you're trying to say?

image.gif

Thanks that just might help narrow down what the problem could be! Never thought to try that

I know, your young, frustrated, and don't think straight when you get upset. After you do it without the forks and that doesn't work, take the drum out and try again, then one of the axle shafts, the other, then put the forks in and try again. Keep eliminating one thing at a time.

I know, your young, frustrated, and don't think straight when you get upset. After you do it without the forks and that doesn't work, take the drum out and try again, then one of the axle shafts, the other, then put the forks in and try again. Keep eliminating one thing at a time.
Ok I'll definitely keep doing it until I narrow it down to one thing and try and figure it out at the main point. Thanks for the advice