Other Kawasaki Kx80 build

Yeah there's no binding and it moves freely but it's just a little stiff

Did you install a paper gasket or use the RTV type gasket maker? I have had problems when using gasket maker where the paper gasket went, it decreased the bearing clearance just enough to put to much preload on the crank bearings. Also you did throw some 2t oil on the bearings before you installed right? When you spin the crank by hand it should come to a slow stop, not a sudden stop.

Did you install a paper gasket or use the RTV type gasket maker? I have had problems when using gasket maker where the paper gasket went, it decreased the bearing clearance just enough to put to much preload on the crank bearings. Also you did throw some 2t oil on the bearings before you installed right? When you spin the crank by hand it should come to a slow stop, not a sudden stop.
I used hondabond for the crankcase seal. And yeah I lubed everything up. Also anyone get a chance to look at my transmission? I'm worried it isn't in right.

Figured out why it's stiff. One of the bearing won't move AT ALL with the seal in. I've removed it 3 times and put it in over and over and it still won't move with the seal in. I've even switched to different bearings and different seals and nothing works!

Do you have clearance on either side of your crank to case? Is anything sound like it is rubbing? As three stroke Steve said, is the paper gasket between case halves in place? Could be why it's tight.

Do you have clearance on either side of your crank to case? Is anything sound like it is rubbing? As three stroke Steve said, is the paper gasket between case halves in place? Could be why it's tight.
I got it all fixed. The seal was causing the problem. And when I put the halves together is was real tight again but I even it in the case and it's moving just like it should now.

Are the gears supposed to be able to turn by hand once it's put together? I can't turn it at all right now as it is in this pic

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    208.7 KB · Views: 3
Here's what's happening: cases are split, gears turn perfect like they should. Cases almost together, gears turn like they should. As soon as the cases touch together, gears won't move at all no matter how hard a twist.

Very weird. I've figured it out. If I leave the slightest little crank the gears will turn but as soon as it's closed up it doesn't work. Idk what to do at all!

It turns out that I will actually turn, just not with my hand. I have to put the clutch basket on and twist it. Is it supposed to feel stiff to turn? Or is it supposed to be real loose?