High Mountain Tour RR

Damn it Gary, your leaving me on the edge of my seat to find out what happens next! And I was there! LOL Great and pretty accurate story so far! :thumb: :popcorn:

Hey, if I mess up on something please join in, you were there so Start talking. :prof: I just :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :devil:
If you notice Racks Avatar the rope is leading to my bike.

And you thought he was a "stand up guy" :lol: Now you know why we all bash P841 :smirk:

Ok, I have just about had it with you. :smirk: Fire retardant suit is always on... :moon: Oh, and I forwarded one of those text messages to Johns brother today. :smirk: The one in the Santas Helper suit.. He must have liked it :thinking: :ride:

So, not to many pictures of the way back just the Ice Hole crossing I think, so I'll add them with story... We had to make time in case of any other miss-haps that may come our way and just kept motoring on. I figured this was a good time to just blast to the next intersecting road and point for the wagon train to keep moving.
DSC07869.jpg

DSC07870.jpg

We helped out in all the technical areas by P841 Jr. Jr. riding the lever less 230 around, I think he was trying to make Martin Sr. have to walk a little further here. :thinking:
DSC07871.jpg

It sure is taking a while for these guys to get through here. :smirk:
DSC07872.jpg

No time stamp so did it really? :P
DSC07873.jpg

DSC07874.jpg

I think Corinne was wondering if the conga was going on...:shocked: come on Martin Jr. :smirk:
DSC07875.jpg

There we go....
DSC07876.jpg

And the last photo of the day was this one. we had to motor on to get back to the staging area, it was getting colder and I was afraid the sun drops faster than you think.
So Corinne, that little dip and rock does catch you off guard...
DSC07877.jpg

Ok, I got some more story to follow....

So we basically back tracked the way we came with the one road deviation. I kept blazing ahead with T1 and P841 Jr. Jr. in tow, and would stop every so often to make sure the three Amigos and Corinne was wagon training sweep. Not far along maybe about 8 miles we came up to the backside of Pinnacles Staging area off of the 173 and there are the 5 quads...:thinking: I stop and say, "hey guys, whats up, everything ok?" One of the guys said, "yah, we are fine but we are lost, we were waiting for you." :shocked: Not really, I was not to shocked, these guys had never been up there, no map, no GPS, but if you didn't go through the staging area, than it all seems new. So they were at the intersection of two ways to staging, I said, "directly behind you is the more technical route and to the left is the flatter fire road". They said they went that way, came back down from behind them and noticed it was a big circle. I told them to either follow us up to the staging area or meet us there because we are taking the easy way around. They decided to follow us although P841 Jr. Jr. and T1 said they were kooks and all over the fire road so they were hard to pass. Hey, they were on quads right? :lol::lol:
Once at the Pinnacles staging area I asked them where they staged..This is good..Ready.....Off the 138 somewhere.....:smirk: :smirk: :smirk: :foul: REALLY!!!! Are you guys in Miller? Not sure....Are you guys off at the Dam? Not sure. Ok, how did you guys get here? In our trucks....:banghead: :banghead: Gotta love it right? So after some interrogation and strategic questions I figured they were in Miller Staging area and went to drawing a map in the dirt, told them if they felt they didn't remember something they could follow us or we would be along shortly so "STAY ON THE FIRE ROAD"!
So off they went on there own, we pulled the group together geared up again and headed off to the 173 crossing where P841 Jr. Jr., T1 and Corinne would go up and around the Sewage Treatment Plant and I would guide the three Amigos down the road and over to the trail head they where coming down. I was not to worried about the 1/2 mile tarmac because I am plated so it would be the three Amigos having to explain themselves....:prof: I am sure they would have been fine...:blah: :blah: :blah:
Well we regrouped and as Corinne chased them down the fire road me and my boys did all of the open route technical trails that ran along side, up and down. Every time we came down to the fire road again we would wait for the wagon train to come along and take off again. Ran into another guy on a Kawasaki 450 with his kid on a little K 110 lost as well, sent them back to Miller Canyon as well. This one kind of pissed me off, the kid only had riding gear, no jacket, sweater nothing. the whole time dad was asking me how to get back the kid was complaining about how cold he was, well, I gave the dad the what for's and what if's and he acted a little pissy. We made it back without any more incidents and in good time.
Once back at the truck I took to wrenching my levers off of my 230 and put them on the rental 230. I just can't imagine how much this place would charge for levers and installation, I mean they are in the biz to make $$ and even if 60 bucks a day is a good price they will probably bend you over the barrel with the 500 buck deposit if the bike needs help. After the kids and I busted levers a couple times I invested in Pro Bend Cycra and have never needed to replace them again and that bike has taken a beating....It's strange that I didn't have extras along because Corinne's 150 takes the same ones and she doesn't have bark busters...
Well, we loaded up the bikes and headed for Summit off ramp to find a place to eat. before we left on our ride in the morning I said, "first to hit the ground, buys a round" but P841 Jr.JR. is still under age and T1 lost anyway.....:lol: We ended up at Chilies for diner, bench racing, and a good time...

Thanks for being great people and I think we have a friendship for future rides. Everyone on this site that I have met or known from the other site are great people. We have all been the FNG. So welcome to DBA John and Martin... :moon: :hifive: :P