High Mountain Tour RR

Ok, so we are now past all the quads and making our way to Devils Hole for a quick snack and turn around. I letter it rip and then wait up for the wagon train:
Two Amigos. :thumb:
DSC07863.jpg

Then there where three Amigos...:smirk:
DSC07864.jpg

DSC07865.jpg

DSC07866.jpg

DSC07867.jpg

DSC07868.jpg

Being chased by a GIRL.....Getty up :whip::whip: :lol:

Hey Gary, its Martin Jr here. My brother was showing me the photos so I thougt I'd might as well join. Great pictures. It was a fun day for sure. Thanks to you and your family for a great day. We all had an awesome ride for sure.

Hey Gary, its Martin Jr here. My brother was showing me the photos so I thougt I'd might as well join. Great pictures. It was a fun day for sure. Thanks to you and your family for a great day. We all had an awesome ride for sure.
mmjsport :wave: Go to the new members section and start a thread about yourself.

Are there not any open spaces in NC?

NC would be a great place for a plated dual sport bike if you want to stick to dirt roads. There are plenty of dirt roads through the mountains. But for trail riding from what I've found you pretty much have to pay to ride in a designated park. Some of those parks have some pretty nice trails, but it's still not quite the same as the open feeling you get out West. I've only lived here about 6 months though.

NC would be a great place for a plated dual sport bike if you want to stick to dirt roads. There are plenty of dirt roads through the mountains. But for trail riding from what I've found you pretty much have to pay to ride in a designated park. Some of those parks have some pretty nice trails, but it's still not quite the same as the open feeling you get out West. I've only lived here about 6 months though.

I'm guessing there isn't much "free/open" land left out there is there? Out here you've got the desert and uninhabited mountain areas (not much though) the rest is pretty much closed off.

Lets get back to the RR. I didn't take photos of our run into Devils Hole except for the ones posted previously so I am going to talk story now. On the way down, down, down to Devils Hole (yes, the three downs was deliberate) Martin Sr. decided that the bike was tired and needed a nap and the rocks where hungry so down he and it went, the rocks decided to eat a leaver and the impact ended up breaking the brake lever off. Oops, well there was enough for one finger to pull it so it was not all that bad right. :devil: We hung out down in the Hole for a little while and I was talking to the 5 guys on quads and two other bike riders that we had run into throughout the day. So the quads took off and then the 2 guys on bikes got ready and I was talking to one of them, this was the first time they had ever met and both came from San Gabriel and staged at the dam like we did. so the last guy takes off up and out and we started gearing up to get moving as well. One of the boys said, "hey, who's backpack is this?" Well it was not ours but I new it was the guys that I was talking too because I had seen it on his back when I passed him a few times during the day. The keys hanging off the back was a clear indicator this guy was not going home tonight if he forgot his pack. :shocked: Well I threw it on and motored up the hill after P841 Jr.Jr. and T1 that had already headed up. once at the top I told them I was going to jam after the guy that forgot his pack and to wait up here for the rest of the crew, (three Amigos and Corinne) and when they make it up head over to the intersection about 2, 3 miles away. I figure we had seen these guys all day and so at the worst case he would be back at his truck with no gas or time to get back to DH and retrieve his pack. So I put the hammer down and set off to find the owner of the pack. About 1, 2 miles down I found him coming back because he realized his back felt a little light. :wave: :wave: Hey, I got something of yours....:smirk: wouldn't get far without it...:prof: he was like :banana: :banana: :banana: thanks man, thanks...So We exchanged numbers in case I would like to have him meet up with us for a ride sometimes. The only thing I told him was I am not EMT, and unless he gets proper gear FORGET IT! See this guy didn't have boots, only Vans tennis shoes. I don't ride and wont ride with guys like that. Don't need the trouble..:naughty: Well at this point he agrees that he needs to get the right gear and we part ways. I was just about to hit the magic button and my phone started ringing....who could this be? :thinking: I see it is Corinne and had two things go through my head, 1) they are at the top and heading my way or 2) they have a problem...

:crash: Well number 2 was it. :naughty: Martin Sr. decided the the bike was lopsided and decided to let the bike take another nap but this time the clutch lever was broken right at the pivot point. :facepalm:
So I booked it back over to the top of DH and P841 Jr. Jr. and T1 are not there. So I pull out the phone and call Corinne but get no answer. :thinking: I told the boys to "stay here" :gibbs: soon I think it was Martin Jr. came up and then P841 Jr. Jr. and T1. Perfect, I have bark busters on my 230 so I'll ride it down to Martin Sr. and he can ride it up throw it on the ground as much as he wants and will not bust a lever, T1 had proved this already, I'll ride the no-lever one up and we will decide what to do. Well, P841 Jr. Jr. tells me he is going to do it because he is a better rider. :lol::lol: than me? Ok tiger go get um....:smirk: quickly he said, "no dad, I mean the rest of the crew"...(nice save)..Actually he probably can out climb me but thats because I am old. :smirk: Yah thats it...Ok, enough of my ego..Back to the RR. About ten minutes later I see Martin Sr. on my 230 heading up, then comes P841 Jr. Jr., John and Corinne. Well we are all together again so I took a look at the leaver and took a lot of the slack out of it by adjustment. Ok, Martin Sr. can start it in first gear and as soon as he is moving click it through the gears, we are good to go. There was one slight problem, I knew that Martin Sr. was not going to be able to go up and around the sewage treatment plant, it is steeper rocky 50" trail so I decided I would take the road about 1/2 mile and get him back to fire road. :thumb:
More photos and story to follow:

:crash: Well number 2 was it. :naughty: Martin Sr. decided the the bike was lopsided and decided to let the bike take another nap but this time the clutch lever was broken right at the pivot point. :facepalm:
So I booked it back over to the top of DH and P841 Jr. Jr. and T1 are not there. So I pull out the phone and call Corinne but get no answer. :thinking: I told the boys to "stay here" :gibbs: soon I think it was Martin Jr. came up and then P841 Jr. Jr. and T1. Perfect, I have bark busters on my 230 so I'll ride it down to Martin Sr. and he can ride it up throw it on the ground as much as he wants and will not bust a lever, T1 had proved this already, I'll ride the no-lever one up and we will decide what to do. Well, P841 Jr. Jr. tells me he is going to do it because he is a better rider. :lol::lol: than me? Ok tiger go get um....:smirk: quickly he said, "no dad, I mean the rest of the crew"...(nice save)..Actually he probably can out climb me but thats because I am old. :smirk: Yah thats it...Ok, enough of my ego..Back to the RR. About ten minutes later I see Martin Sr. on my 230 heading up, then comes P841 Jr. Jr., John and Corinne. Well we are all together again so I took a look at the leaver and took a lot of the slack out of it by adjustment. Ok, Martin Sr. can start it in first gear and as soon as he is moving click it through the gears, we are good to go. There was one slight problem, I knew that Martin Sr. was not going to be able to go up and around the sewage treatment plant, it is steeper rocky 50" trail so I decided I would take the road about 1/2 mile and get him back to fire road. :thumb:
More photos and story to follow:

:popcorn: