[Feb 2, 2013] REZRIDE 2013 (LANDERS, CA 92285)

I'm on my way! Maryann woke up at 1am barfing at my house. I unloaded her stuff , scratched my ride plans for today and I'm heading out alone. In in Glendora now. Should be there in 2 or 3 hours. I'll PM my net for dire tions if you need them.
That's a possible side effect to my cold remedy I prescribed. too much Wiskey in too little time.. lolol

Monday morning came way too soon. What a great time out at the Rez. Pics and vids to follow. Fist I have to let my stomach muscles rest from laughing so much.

We had a little rain Saturday after we all went to bed. We woke to perfect conditions. And Travace's Daughter rode a dirt bike for the very first time yesterday! It was cool to witness and watch her go. And It was also a pleasure to meet everyone's family members and friends. And whoever though BBQ'd Romain lettuce would taste so good? I sure didnt.

I must admit, I thought I knew Rez having met and rode with him last year out at The Rez. A mellow man with not much to say. But apprantly that was not Rez. That was some other guy who had his ass kicked into submission earlier that day on the ride. I met the real Rez this weekend and all I can say is Wow! He's something to watch around the campfire:lol: Palmer and his Vietminese Son Joey were entertaining too but, Rez wins the award this weekend for creating the most laughs. And Dan, "Big D," he IS the music man:hail: Whoever knew Dan could sing so well? I guess he has posted some of his music but I have missed those posts. It was such a pleasure listening to him around the fire. He's a great guitar player with a good voice.

Anyhow...I gotta get ready for work now. Today is going to be a looooooong day. I have a bit O Rez rash starting to flare but Im keeping it under control with Allergy meds, which also make me sleepy arrrgghhh...

Thanks everyone for a really great time. Rez, be sure to tell your wife and Daughter it was a pleasure meeting them. And thank you for your gracious hospitality :hug:

Nothing but good times:thumb::cheers::ride:

OK... here's the start fo the 2013 REZRide RR... unless someone else took pics there won;t be any from me.... :needpics:... The players... Me, Big Dan, Trav, PALMER and PALMER jr, Cleonard and Sun.

Got out to the REZ at 7:00 Sat AM.. set up the trailer, unloaded, took care of the REZ, got all set then sat and waited. Actually PALMER called me just after I unhooked the traielr and asked where I was... I told him at the rez, "already"??? damn I haven't even loaded yet... :bonk:... I live 100 miles (2 hours) away from the rez, he lives another 30 min's minimum from me, he says, I still need to load, fill up with water and I'll be there in about an hour and a half.... say what :jawdrop:... no you won't more like 3-1/2 hours.... He pulled in around noon... :smirk:. Oh, he WAS the last to show up.... OK, this isn't a bash PALMER report. Once everyone got there we geared/gassed up and Biggy D tried his darndest to get El Diablo to perk up but to no avail. nuttin... so he sat around camp with my wife, my buddies wife, TraVs wife, kids and my Buddy... and knitted sweaters .... or something. Our ride wasn't very long due to the time we started so we went out to the dunes where the kids (Palmer jr and TraV) played for a while then we skrted Means a little fartehr north and over to Chocolate thunder... one of the crawling destinations... a few people there not much going on so we decided we were runnign out of day light so I suggested we drop dow nthe back side fo CT and go aroudn to the hammers and back across Means to Boone rd. Instead we stayed o9n top fo the ridge with TraV leading until he came to a rather steep decline and tried to turn and dumped it in the rocks.... we turned around and went back to were we came up and dropped down and did some bush wompin ove rto hammer town... we went over to the start/finish area where it's always fenced off however found a LOT more fencing between hammer town and the hills behind it where part fo the course goes. I'm guessing to appease the BLM. We noticed there are a lot fo crossed trails in that area so I'm sure they wanted to make sure no one got in there by mistake... after some more bush wompin we got over to Boone road and headed back to the REZ... I got behind a guy in a van who was putting up a ot of dust so I moved over to the road side trail where TraV and Palmer were but they took off, too many whoops for me to speed up and noticed I wasn't gaining any time on the van so I dropped back down and cruised behind him... more to come in a minute

and i still got not PM or anything on where the fuck im supposed to be going.... no addy no directions nothing. i got a long drive and who knows if ill see you guys or not. Gary you have my number... i guess i will be on the road so if you get directions let me know.

I sent Rez a PM a few days ago and never heard back from him. :noidea:

Even though it's past tense I have to defend myself on this...

1) In my original post I said for anyone needign directiosn to PM me and I'd give them directions.

2) @530, I PM'd you back with info on the races... both the KOM and KOH.

OK, it looks like SUN will be posting pic's as the time comes... so we get back to the REZ to see my buddy and wife had gotten there and set up... we missed sun on our way back she was on her way out... We sat aroudn and did some bench racing... lit the grill for the fabulossoo grub if I do say so myself. The tri tip was being a little tempmental wit hthe fire being too hot so it took a little doing to get it calmed down... the grilled romaine lettuce or "Frog Skins" as I think it was nicked named was a hit.. (I wouldn't lie), it doesnt' taste like dirt!

The cocktails began to flow while cooking getting a "few of us" well tuned!!!! after dinner which was more like a herd of cattle grazing we sat around the fire, Dan busted out his git-box and plunked a few strings and we sang coumbaya... and that was about it! :prof:..... :devil:..... :crazy:

Everythign that happened from that point on to this next little story I will let whiomever fill in the gaps... :lol:

So... as the night progressed (much later in the evening or was it early morning), we heard this motor running, I said it sounds like it's my neighbors at the end of the street, SUN said no I think it's right ove rthere see look... she shines a light on an extension cord which we follo out to a bush where we foudn a generator... HUH, how about that.... studied it a little then I noticed a little red switch so I gave it a flip a "WAHH LA" sound is gone.... little did we jnow that Biggy D had JUST started it so he could charge his phone, turn on his heater, get his electric blanky warmed up, his TV on his favorite channel, his jaccuzi running... but, he said he was snuggled in his bag and said "F" it.

Everythign kind of wrapepd up shortly afte that so we went to bed..... then it started raining roughly 3:00 AM.... most of us were OK with it except Cleonard, he was in the back of his truck... DOH.

More to come

A brief intermission to say thankyou to everyone that showed up for coming out and enjoying the REZ, TraV, what a great little family you have, your wife is very, very nice and your kids are so well mannered, I'm pretty sure they had fun. :thumb:... :banana: SUN, I know it was a long ass drive for a minimal (to me anyways) amount of riding but I hope it was worth it. Carl, Palmer and Palmer jr... I hope you guys enjoyed yourselves, Jr, thanks for teaching me the Vietnamese language as I've never heard it before... :cool:... Big D, I am truely sorry El Diablo would start, we knew going in it was a chance however I thought for sure it would have started at least once. But you looked good on that 80... :smirk:..

Thanks Rezzie, we had a great time and it was nice to see you all! Might see you at the end of the week. Depending on the wifes plan for her 5 day weekend.

Thanks Rezzie, we had a great time and it was nice to see you all! Might see you at the end of the week. Depending on the wifes plan for her 5 day weekend.

OK, I just put in for Wed too... don't know if I'll get it. either way I'll be there Thursday-Sat...

Even though it's past tense I have to defend myself on this...

1) In my original post I said for anyone needign directiosn to PM me and I'd give them directions.

2) @530, I PM'd you back with info on the races... both the KOM and KOH.
Did not get anything on my end regarding the info, unless I am looking in the wrong place. :noidea: Not a problem.

I now hate weather men. It was only supposed to be cloudy. I just slept in the bed of my truck. I had a tent, but did I set it up? A little after 3 it started raining. I woke up with it raining. Threw the stuff in the cab and finished the night in there. Just a minor annoyance really.

The rest of the weekend was great. The only sore muscles were from laughing so hard around the fire on Saturday night. The Palmer and Rez show delivered.