RM125 Clean Greece off the disk breaks and where the spokes connect?

Hi i have a 1993 suzuki rm 125 bought recently need to know common things gas to oil ratio he said 5

• What do u think

Votes: 4 100.0%
  • You should probably clean the bike and use clr

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Then to throw another monkey in the works,did we ever talk about reeds?

I think ossa mentioned it but let's focus on one thing at a time as I think we have the kid confused.
Compression is decent.
He's going to clean the carb, set the float and check stator timing.

Yes i adjusted the float and it is not leaking anymore sweet!

There were marks evident on every j model bike I have had apart since they went to pointless igntions. I would start looking, as there should be one to show where the plate aligns and a couple on the flywheel rotor, usually one has a T next to it. that indicates top dead center on the compression/power stroke, the other is probably marked F and denotes the ignition timing mark. can you find those?

There were marks evident on every j model bike I have had apart since they went to pointless igntions. I would start looking, as there should be one to show where the plate aligns and a couple on the flywheel rotor, usually one has a T next to it. that indicates top dead center on the compression/power stroke, the other is probably marked F and denotes the ignition timing mark. can you find those?
Yea I think i found the problem!!!!!!!

if it was loose and running it may have spun and broken the key that holds it in place, and that was what the sentence i left out was going to address.
Yea the flywheel is back on the key looks fine bolt l=on it was loose tho so im gona try to start it and update you than!

Yea the flywheel is back on the key looks fine bolt l=on it was loose tho so im gona try to start it and update you than!

Works better for me if you actually answer the question as asked, (probably for the others too who are trying to help). If the flywheel rotor (the more complete name as the crankshaft actually consists of two flywheels, pin, bearing etc) came loose and you could take it off with your fingers there is a little test to put it back on so you have some reason to think that it is going to stay:

Before you tighten it down place the rotor over the key and tap it in place with something like a hammer HANDLE (never use a hammer to hit that part) after tapping it on, if you can take it back off with your hands it likely is not going to stay on. So we need to talk more if that is the case.