Best way to strap down the bike.

Hey thanks PALMER. I did search the forum using the search option. I am still trying to get used to all the different options this forum has. I was looking for a title just about straps and locking devices. I did not see the one you reposted. Sorry, but thanks because I forgot about that thread Oh well. please try to remember not all of the members sit behind a computer at work. So getting familiar on how to use certain options and special goodies. Is tricky for some who never have used it before. Thanks

Last edited:
Yeah. Most of us get scared off and won't look for "straps" anyway. Just quit making excuses and take "credit"!
I've seen trucks going down the freeway with the bike leaned up against the side of the bed, and on flat bed trailers with bungee cords :shocked:

Oh hell. When I started riding I knew people who would take an old tire, put it between the bed and the bike and use a single piece of rope to hold it against the tire. The guys that made tie downs from dowl(broom sticks) and clothesline were considered the elite.

Oh hell. When I started riding I knew people who would take an old tire, put it between the bed and the bike and use a single piece of rope to hold it against the tire. The guys that made tie downs from dowl(broom sticks) and clothesline were considered the elite.

Trucker knot was the way I did it as a kid, wrapped around the bars and back down, cinch.

Hey thanks PALMER. I did search the forum using the search option. I am still trying to get used to all the different options this forum has. I was looking for a title just about straps and locking devices. I did not see the one you reposted. Sorry, but thanks because I forgot about that thread Oh well. please try to remember not all of the members sit behind a computer at work. So getting familiar on how to use certain options and special goodies. Is tricky for some who never have used it before. Thanks

Dennis, you claim to ride one of the most powerful bikes made, yet you claim you have no clue behind a keyboard. You have no problem inserting youtube videos (I do), you have no problem creating posts, and/or quote. So, I beg to differ, all forums have the "search option". I even have a hard time negotiating a keyboard and forums looking for data previously entered. Now stop making excuses (like ossagp said).

He's also posted about half as much as I have.
The difference is I've been a member for about 4 years, he's been here about half a year