Best way to strap down the bike.

How well do you strap the bike down in your truck or trailer? Do you use just straps, or do you use safety holders designed to hold the bike stationary? How many straps do you use when loaded in the back of your truck vs. trailer? Do you lock the bike up to stop from being stolen.? I do with two Master locks through each brake rotor. Plus I use a Kryptonite cable securing the bike to the truck or trailer.

For a truck I use 2 straps to the handle bars, for a trailer I use 4 straps, due to the handlebars and 2 to the frame, handle bars pulling forward and to the side, frame backwards and to each side.

Bed of truck: Two on the bars and one from the inside bar to the rear of the outside edge of bed. I'll take a pic some day.

Trailer/TH: Two on bars and one through rear wheel pulling opposite direction.

Tough neighborhood AF. I should send you a picture of my friend Joel's Ktm. It sits in front of the aircraft maint facility he works at. It's there 24 hours a day if he isn't riding it.

Two straps is all I ever need in a pickup. In my vans I use turnbuckles to the foot pegs. You can move about easier in the van that way. My three rail is set up to where two straps are all I need on it, But I use 4 if I use the sled trailer or utility trailer.

"ratcheting" straps, Not pull tight straps. Two on the bars in the truck. Sometimes i use a fork brace, most of the time i don't.

45 years plus of keeping a bike vertical in a hauler. I won't say I never used the ratchets, but only when there wasn't something else. Hell I would go back to broom handles and close line if they quit making what I currently use.

580414_491628987573415_1433515623_n.jpg

I use 2 straps per bike a piece of heater hose round the bars where the strap goes, and only pull down enough to keep the bikes where I want them, I've seen some guys almost bottom out their forks tying the bikes down, I try too save my fork seals for the ride.

Strap loops or a rope loop is nice if you have matte handle bars that you don't want to scratch. A rope loop works just as good tho.