Best way to strap down the bike.

Just a bit of a difference from losing a bike due to faulty straps and losing a bike due to faulty security measures. I had a tie down break once and lost a bike on may out of the gas station... I did't know it until someone pulled up along side and asked if I HAD 2 bikes on the trailer.... Ahhhh shiiiiiiit :foul:.... :banghead:...
Was it a sunny day?

Just a bit of a difference from losing a bike due to faulty straps and losing a bike due to faulty security measures. I had a tie down break once and lost a bike on may out of the gas station... I did't know it until someone pulled up along side and asked if I HAD 2 bikes on the trailer.... Ahhhh shiiiiiiit :foul:.... :banghead:...
I wonder if you would have had the same results in any other month of the year? I guess you should just be more careful in May.

Don't remember...

MAY in this case is a combination of MY and WAY... as in on MY WAY out.... or .. on MAY out... :prof:

FYI... post corrected. thanks for the catch!
I know!!!
Why you gotta get all co-rectum on it. It was good the original way! That's what makes "autoco-rectum" so cool on iPhone. Siri don't know shit! :smirk::moon::wave:

And that is what makes DBA an interesting and totally different forum. :smirk:
No, it's because you are here that makes DBA an interesting and totally different forum.:prof:

1.5 straps, beaners on the bottom, soft on the top, single pull, never had a problem, just hauled them 385 one way and 385 back. :thumb:
Shock saver sometimes, but not always. Seals!!!! Haha, seals are not under any load in compression, just the springs and no worry there. :prof:
I wonder if you would have had the same results in any other month of the year? I guess you should just be more careful in May.

Oh yeah, could have been much worse in July with the sunny days. Mid December, probably would have been safe though.

Last edited: