Whats your take on Forged vs. Cast Pistons

you spelled it right and I didn't. Silicon is widely used, but I don't know if it is always in silcate form. You have to wonder if someone noticed the type of sand they were casting pistons in and decided to dump some in or if it was an accident to begin with.

Who knows.... I'm sure there are people way smarter than us that were doing R&D somewhere for someone designing faster and better pistons that recognized the heat transfer and natural lubricities offered by silicates or silicones or vagina sand... :noidea:

The funny thing is looking at how much of the things that most think of as new, are in some cases a hundred or more years old. I just can't resist the fascination of "why". Along with that comes the "how" part. Though the greenies don't like to admit how their lives have been changed by the better from improved metallurgy and the applied physics that racing and the most extreme competition (wars) have changed their lives for the better, it is true.

The funny thing is looking at how much of the things that most think of as new, are in some cases a hundred or more years old. I just can't resist the fascination of "why". Along with that comes the "how" part. Though the greenies don't like to admit how their lives have been changed by the better from improved metallurgy and the applied physics that racing and the most extreme competition (wars) have changed their lives for the better, it is true.

Most "greenies" are along for the righteous ride without realizing what their own carbon footprint is. If thy new what a huge impact carbon fiber had when they had their card built they would be embarrassed. They also do t realize the amount of energy expelled to make their special batteries....
By recycling and scrapping I keep an unusually small carbon footprint. I'm aware because my grandchildren will someday inherit this earth.

Most "greenies" are along for the righteous ride without realizing what their own carbon footprint is. If thy new what a huge impact carbon fiber had when they had their card built they would be embarrassed. They also do t realize the amount of energy expelled to make their special batteries....
By recycling and scrapping I keep an unusually small carbon footprint. I'm aware because my grandchildren will someday inherit this earth.
I scrap just about anything :smirk: and drive vehicles that the greenies vomit when they see :devil:

I scrap just about anything :smirk: and drive vehicles that the greenies vomit when they see :devil:

The best part is to show up at their meetings in a rig like you describe. Wear something from the NRA or a "NOBAMA" oriented slogan somewhere, and be really friendly and seem interested in all that was said. I can only stand to do it once in awhile. Subscribe to one of the organizations so you get newsletters too. It's funny.