What Upgrades Should I Do

Husaberg angled theirs 70 degrees from norm... the majority of the pipe is still up high, only the header is lower... in this case it is the cylinder that has lowered the COG.

That was pretty wild the first time I saw one. I haven't checked their latest, but I hear they are off the idea. Yamaha finally seems to have theirs working.

The pipes don't effect the center of gravity, they affect the side to side balance more than anything. I wouldn't be in a hurry to replace them but when you wreck them I would single it out. The single will breathe a little better as the Y connection necessary for the dual pipes actually reduces the velocity.

That was pretty wild the first time I saw one. I haven't checked their latest, but I hear they are off the idea. Yamaha finally seems to have theirs working.
The new ones are worlds better than the first one I rode a couple months after it came out.

I haven't been on the new one. When they came out a friend if mine in calif was selling them. I was more inclined to buy one of the earlier ones he had sitting there as a stateside bike. 47 for one!

That is why I asked AJ if he looked into a better exhaust. The twin cans do nothing to improve the power. All they do is increase the cost of buying pipes for it. They look cool on street bikes, is the CRF250f a street bike? NOOO.

How do you know what they do? Or if a single is going to change anything other than keeping it to look like a "streetbike". Heck, you aren't going to like it ANYWAY!!

How do you know what they do? Or if a single is going to change anything other than keeping it to look like a "streetbike". Heck, you aren't going to like it ANYWAY!!

Does this answer your question?
WHAT’S IT DO? In truth, we can’t think of a single benefit to Honda’s twin muffler design. It isn’t all that quiet, doesn’t make as much power as a comparable single-sided exhaust, costs 50 percent more to replace and weighs 1-1/5 pounds more than a single. So, why is it on the CRF250? Ask Honda’s marketing department and they will give you some malarkey about roll rates and weight bias. The only justifiable reason is that the “twice pipes” look cool.

Oh lol, so this isnt actually anything you KNOW. LOL. I would well imagine you were elsewhere when physics was covered in the required IPS classes too. Of course none of what is written in that five year old article in a joke publication was market oriented was it?

Just remember the qualifier there about what YOU KNOW. not what was printed by someone selling and helping to sell something else.

It would be nice to have AJ7GSD do a little R&D on this subject. Seeing how he just might buy a pipe for his CRF250r. :thinking: Maybe we can convince him to buy the single sided pipe. Then have him compare it to the stock set-up. Then post the results on which he liked best. :thumb:

If he spends 700 and doesnt like it better or doesnt say he does would surprise me. But if you want to buy one for me to test I would be glad to tell you if I thought it was worth 700 in the end. Since you like to get your knowledge from funny books, I am sure you have read some comparisons on other pipes that were made by some of the "pets" who get written up in MXA. You will probably find a weight savings listed in the ones where a single was replaced with a single too. you will probaly find they claim a hp gain too. What you won't always find is how they compared them or how much trouble they went to to jet for the stock pipe.

So in the end they get sheep to follow and swallow. See how marketing works? Heck, I bet they are still getting you to buy their magazines too lol.

Oh, and do you even know if there is a pipe offered yet where a "rag" is claiming the same gains over the newer model? Or are you still on 2009?