What Upgrades Should I Do

I personally like the look of the dual exhaust. And what it does for the bike is lower the center of gravity and makes the bike a little quieter vs a bike with one pipe.

I've seen a couple of you guys that say duals lower the center of gravity... unless they physically position them lower the center of gravity is the same since they are located where (on one side) a single pipe would be. Now the "Center of gravity" (side to side, not top to bottom) will be affected because there is equal weight on each side...

I like them too. Moving the weight to the center us all the rage. Yamaha tilted the cylinder, flipped the carburetor and pipe. I think the factory does a very good job building a pipe that runs with the stock engine at the db range they do. But sim any people rush to replace.

Husaberg angled theirs 70 degrees from norm... the majority of the pipe is still up high, only the header is lower... in this case it is the cylinder that has lowered the COG.

They're lowering the center of gravity by being shorter and tucked in more. At least that's what I think!
When you purchase the Matrix stand. Load you bike onto it. Now see how far you have to slide it forward to get the back wheel to balance off of the ground. If those pipes actually lowered the center of gravity. The bike would balance equally on the stand. I would bet you would have a difficult time doing this. Without the bike tipping back.

1000x1000.jpg

Last edited:
Not trying to argue with you guys. Just from every youtube video I saw about the bike, that what they said the pipes where doing :/

Not trying to argue with you guys. Just from every youtube video I saw about the bike, that what they said the pipes where doing :/
It's all good and a matter of opinion I guess. Please don't think I am or want to argue with you ok. It is your bike. :thumb: we get a bit :goofy: on here sometimes. I do agree with doing the suspension first.

Oh yeah and suspension! Forgot about that. Well I think this thread is pretty much done. I'll still be around to respond but thank you guys for all your opinions! Really appreciate it

Ok. If you think so. Honda thinks so also. I would think if they really wanted to lower the center of gravity they would have done this instead. Because putting two pipes under the seat just shifts more weight to the rear of the bike.

1974_cr250_ii.jpg
They don't do that for whats very obvious reasons.

My opinion

Loudmouth kits don't help enough to justify the cost (performance wise you can do real close to the same thing by simply removing the backfire screen.)

If you're going to invest in a pipe, one of the worst wastes of money there is for a 4 stroke, go single.

Matrix Concepts make good stands, however I prefer the simple steel ones.

I'm still hung up on the "lower" center of gravity issue...

reference the pic of the bike on the stand, yes if you move the pipes towrd the center to see when the rear wheel comes off the ground will change your CENTER of gravity which has nothing to do with LOWERING the center of gravity unless you physically lower it... the opnly way the center of gravity wil be l;owered is if you relocate the pipe DOWN on the bike otherwise the weight remains up high.