What Upgrades Should I Do

It sounds to me that you don't like to read. Or maybe you just like MX publications in general.
If you look at the power savings alone with the weight of the single pipe vs. the twin pipe is something to look into.

LOL it seems like you have a problem reading unless it is in a magazine. of course it has to be true if they print it lol,,just like on the internet.

Again, have you got some more funny book proof for the new one, or not?

I would like to ask this guy or gal :noidea: what they think of the twin pipes? The only thing that matters is performance not looks.

521285_4357549899474_929596127_n_zpsafc03c3a.jpg

I would like to ask this guy or gal :noidea: what they think of the twin pipes? The only thing that matters is performance not looks.

521285_4357549899474_929596127_n_zpsafc03c3a.jpg
Holy crap….. I thought that was a 4 skin, never seen twin pipes on a smoker. I'm sure though that it messes with the tuning though as exhaust back pressure has a lot to do with the way it runs.

I guess if we all live long enough we will see everything. I used to ride a single cylinder twin piper. Greeves made one that had two exhaust ports separated far enough that they used two header pipes into one expansion chamber. Suzuki made a twin piper for one of it's first assaults on the World MX GP.

Last one I saw was about 15 years ago, but it also had twin cylinders. It was the 125 that probably would make the 250f's look slow now. Outlawed quickly of course. (it was a two stroke)

Has anyone here that has a twin pipe bike 250 or 450 switched to a single pipe? Those are the ones we need to ask about the differences between the systems.

Going back to the OP's question. If you are mounting hand guards that means your trail riding so yes add a skid plate.

As for any other mods, set all the suspension settings to one click soft from the middle, set your sag to 100-110mm with full gear, put gas in and ride.

Don't need to spend money on suspension or exhaust etc right now.

Going back to the OP's question. If you are mounting hand guards that means your trail riding so yes add a skid plate.

As for any other mods, set all the suspension settings to one click soft from the middle, set your sag to 100-110mm with full gear, put gas in and ride.

Don't need to spend money on suspension or exhaust etc right now.
I know some MX'ers that mount hand guards for deflecting roost,big rocks and stuff, I don't use them at all.

I was surfing the web a while ago looking for new and interesting stuff. When I saw this I could not believe it. Clearly this bike is for grass, mud or even asphalt drag racing. But, I thought it was funny and think you might also here it is.

drag_500.jpg

I was surfing the web a while ago looking for new and interesting stuff. When I saw this I could not believe it. Clearly this bike is for grass, mud or even asphalt drag racing. But, I thought it was funny and think you might also here it is.

drag_500.jpg
If this was a child….it would be an example of why cousins shouldn't marry.

That was pretty wild the first time I saw one. I haven't checked their latest, but I hear they are off the idea. Yamaha finally seems to have theirs working.

Husaberg was taken over/aquired by KTM who also owns Husky of which they have dicontinued the Husaberg line and gone all Husky, in doing that they eliminated the 70deg angled cylinders...

Last edited: