What did you do to your bike today?

I'm gonna unplug mine tomorrow and kick it over. I've heard that thing run great for 90 seconds, nothing but pops since. Not that I want to ride it anyway, I'm having way too much fun on the YZ right now. Last weekend at the track was my best riding yet. I've been manning up with the jumps and only bottomed the forks out twice maybe. Starting over on a new bike would kill my momentum.

Finally got around to testing the TPS volts in/out and ohm resistance.
All readings right where they should be.:noidea:
Weird thing is, it doesn't want to start unplugged. Kicked it several times and nothing, plugged in the coupler and lit up one half hearted kick, but throttles like shit. Unplug and its great, but wont start. Fkn carbs.
ANDY!??!!

Finally got around to testing the TPS volts in/out and ohm resistance.
All readings right where they should be.:noidea:
Weird thing is, it doesn't want to start unplugged. Kicked it several times and nothing, plugged in the coupler and lit up one half hearted kick, but throttles like shit. Unplug and its great, but wont start. Fkn carbs.
ANDY!??!!

Do you have a thread for this issue somewhere?

I unplugged the TPS coupler and it came to life. Ran just like it’s supposed to. Plug it back in and it blubbers and spits like a V8 running on 6. Weird that all the readings checked out but I may have to check the throttle resistance again. It climbed and I was good with it, but I may have to look more closely.

I unplugged the TPS coupler and it came to life. Ran just like it’s supposed to. Plug it back in and it blubbers and spits like a V8 running on 6. Weird that all the readings checked out but I may have to check the throttle resistance again. It climbed and I was good with it, but I may have to look more closely.

I would start an entire new thread in the bike specific and start from the beginning with as many details as possible. That’s just me though. I don’t even know what year or make it is.

Tested variable throttle ohm resistance again, perfect smooth sweep and in spec.
I took it for a field test today. (03YZ250F) Unplugged TPS stalled it on purpose, started every time. Ripped around got it nice and warm, popped wheelies ..ran fantastic. Plugged in TPS- dogshit.
Part of me wants to track down the issue and the bigger part doesn’t give a fuck. Runs good is good. Taped it up, end of story. Hopefully the NEXT problem is someone else’s problem.

Tested variable throttle ohm resistance again, perfect smooth sweep and in spec.
I took it for a field test today. (03YZ250F) Unplugged TPS stalled it on purpose, started every time. Ripped around got it nice and warm, popped wheelies ..ran fantastic. Plugged in TPS- dogshit.
Part of me wants to track down the issue and the bigger part doesn’t give a fuck. Runs good is good. Taped it up, end of story. Hopefully the NEXT problem is someone else’s problem.

It’s an 03, it runs fine , starts fine.... I would run it as is and put a For Sale sign on it. I was going to buy one back in 03 for trail riding as that motor was pretty much bulletproof. Glad I didn’t just because of the noise and here in NJ it’s nothing but illegal trails and trespassing.