What did you do to your bike today?

Shock bumper gone on the 03 so I ordered one. Never been into a shock before so I figure wth. I was unwrapping my tape/rag job and the shim stack and valve fkn confettied all over my work bench.
lF7FQwk.jpg

Didn’t plan getting that far into it.. after much cussing I figured out which goes where. I hope. Now to find a ding dong willing to Ntrogen charge my homemade bomb.

Shock bumper gone on the 03 so I ordered one. Never been into a shock before so I figure wth. I was unwrapping my tape/rag job and the shim stack and valve fkn confettied all over my work bench.
lF7FQwk.jpg

Didn’t plan getting that far into it.. after much cussing I figured out which goes where. I hope. Now to find a ding dong willing to Ntrogen charge my homemade bomb.

The best part is after they fill it for you the seal starts leaking oil because of the uncinched seal. It’s worth just handing them a $100 just to do the seal for ya.

Whaddaya mean leak it’s not going to leak. I’m only prepping it for sale so that hundy is cutting into my profit margin.
What’s this cinching thing you’re talking about

It’s a beautiful thing. N charge and in the bike. The difference fresh oil makes is incredible. As long as it stays in the shock that is. So far so good..

qUHiTlO.jpg

Got me wanting to take apart some forks now!

Ok I put the 03 Up for sale. Had it set at $2500 even though there’s a lot of newer bikes in that range it does have a $900 clutch. After a few lowballs I figure the rekluse ain’t helping so I yanked it out and lowered the price. Dude comes to test ride and it doesn’t sound right and he says somethings wrong with it. Wtf ok I take it out and sure enough, running like dogshit. Starts easy idle great but as soon as you grab some throttle it’s non responsive, cutting out and plain crap. Embarrassed, I rejected his $500 and said no I wouldn’t even give it away like this it’s not how I keep my bikes I’ll figure it out and fix it. Gotta be the carb.
Cleaned it (it was clean) set
The float(it was fine) checked the accel pump diaphragm put the needle back to stock clip.
Runs like shit.
Pulled the carb checked everything again, tested the AP replaced the hot start plunger, put the aluminum fitting instead of the plastic.
Runs like shit.
Ok wtf took down the ad cause dudes were texting and I didn’t know what to tell em. Checked the valve clearance, it’s fine but the timing chain looked a little stretched, my marks weren’t as close as I like em to be so I replaced the spark plug and timing chain sure that this would do it.
Runs like shit.
Ok now I’m thinking it’s electrical. :banghead:
I start the bike to test the voltage at the TPS, and I unplug the coupler: idle sounds different.. crisp. Revs smoother and more responsive. Holy crap you gotta be kidding me. I Take it down the street and wheelies every gear. So fkn easy and I never tried it. Had me chasing down ghosts and damn near ready to tear the motor out.. so for all you kids out there with an FCR that suddenly starts running like shit for no reason, unplug the TPS first. :gibbs:

Don’t know if it has a kehin but it looks like one. It does have a throttle position sensor. White coupler left side wires to a black plug.

Don’t know if it has a kehin but it looks like one. It does have a throttle position sensor. White coupler left side wires to a black plug.
Yeah its got one. So what does that thing do? And are you gonna replace yours, or just sell it with it unplugged?

Not sure, yet another $100+. I’m going to test the voltage in/out and see if it’s bad or just has a problem getting juice if volt goes in but don’t come out it’s bad . I could probably tape it up and zip ty it and would never be a problem. Any performance gains would not be noticed I’m sure. It doesn’t want me to sell it. it’s going to miss daddy.