All West Coast Ride Set For 10/20, Read All About It.

Nice vid Travace! Man that fence off that dirt road towards the end comes out of nowhere :shocked: Would think someone might fly into that thing.

And regarding this ride, I should hopefully be able to do a day trip that saturday. Is the ride going to be beginner friendly?

Nice vid Travace! Man that fence off that dirt road towards the end comes out of nowhere :shocked: Would think someone might fly into that thing.

And regarding this ride, I should hopefully be able to do a day trip that saturday. Is the ride going to be beginner friendly?
I would say more like intermediate friendly but a lower intermediate would do ok.

Bruce when does it start getting too cold to ride up there ?
They close it after the first heavy snow, usually in early December at some point. But have seen it open to Xmas. Late October could be warm and beautiful or it could be a bit chilly. Last year we did this and it was quite warm. You just never know from year to year. We have had nearly a foot of snow as early as Oct. 1 and have had mid 80's into early November.

Bad news....it was about a year ago I was writing a similar post. My Mom has Cancer, she lost both breasts several years ago and her lung last year. Well, it is back and she is on oxygen full time and is very weak. I will be heading out to Sedona to spend time with her. Not sure when I will be back. I will probably bring both bikes and plan on spending several weeks there. I dont know how October will pan out for me.

I was soooooooooooo looking forward to this ride. Now Im thinking there is a slight chance I will be around. We shall see.

:cry: :( :cry: