Pro Toronto Supercross 2014

Speaking of cheating, did you guys catch the story about Brian Deegan and his kid? Then, the master of douchery takes it to another level and berates the other family for calling (correctly) him out on it:lame:

no, what was that? before you want to talk about the next level though, I have to tell you I coached youth sports over a 20 year time span.

What story?
This is all from TT.

38th FMF GNC International MX Final - 3/13/2014 - Alvord, Texas
Haiden Deegan was DQ'd due to a protes.

Quote taken from the dad who protested:
We did the protest. After seeing the bike pull down the straights and off the gate, I had my an idea that the motor was not legal. We followed the protest rules by the book.

I had the paperwork filled out in advance and presented it to the AMA official prior to the start of the race. When the bike crossed the finish line, it was met by AMA and impounded. The bike remained in AMA possession until the tear down. Mr Deegan requested the teardown prior to the second round of motos because he decided to withdraw from the rest of the races. I agreed to the early teardown.

Present at the teardown was, 2 AMA tech's, Kip Bigalow, head of AMA motocross, Mr Deegan, his mechanic and me. Mr Deegan's had his mechanic disassemble the bike. The motor was put on a bench. The 2 AMA tech's then measured stroke 3 times which was 40.06mm. We all agreed that was correct. I am not a KTM mechanic but I am pretty sure that is a stock stroke on a 14 KTM50.

Then the head was pulled and the measured bore. It was measured 3 times and we all agreed it measured 45.10mm.

The AMA then pulled the Displacement formula out of the AMA rule book and we all did the math. The displacement measures 63.963cc. The rule book stated that 61cc was the max allowed in the Mod class.

My math says that is 3cc over the allowed limit which equals a 5% increase. I now understand why the bike pulled so good.

The events that transpired after the teardown is simply amazing. After the protest was over, Mr Deegan's mechanic and some of his crew came to our pits and threatened me and my family. I was then personally attacked on social media. This is unfortunate results of a legal process. I have great respect for the sports and 99% of the people in it are here for the right reason. It is unfortunate, a family with this kind of influence in the motocross world handles things in this fashion.

And then the Mom posted this on TT.

This is my family that this has been happening to. Not only did all the stuff above happen but he also started bashing my 7 year old on social media. He has stated that my son was just some little 8th place rider. I would like to clarify that my son is the current Loretta Lynn Champion of which he beat Deegan's kid. I am a retired 23 year Navy veteran of which all was spent as an airplane mechanic, I did the protest not my husband or the President of Cobra like he has let on. My father has been in the motorcycle business for 54 years and I know a little about dirt bikes. I put my money up for every little kid that has ever been beaten by a cheater bike. It was not an attack against a child I just wanted it to be fair for all of the rest of the children. His child is a very talented rider that does not need a cheater bike to do well. Now I will stand by for all of the MM hate that my family has been enduring since I did the right thing and called out a cheater

James

Staff member
Yup that doesn't surprise me one bit, Deegan has an image to maintain. The sad thing is that I've seen his kid ride a few times and he's pretty good, doesn't need to cheat. :(

Unless he had red hair I don't know a Gary from there. Butch and Harold. Jim McCracken. Bill woods. Of course Dan. Yeah I was drooling over bultacoes in the mid sixties there.

This is all from TT.

38th FMF GNC International MX Final - 3/13/2014 - Alvord, Texas
Haiden Deegan was DQ'd due to a protes.

Quote taken from the dad who protested:
We did the protest. After seeing the bike pull down the straights and off the gate, I had my an idea that the motor was not legal. We followed the protest rules by the book.

I had the paperwork filled out in advance and presented it to the AMA official prior to the start of the race. When the bike crossed the finish line, it was met by AMA and impounded. The bike remained in AMA possession until the tear down. Mr Deegan requested the teardown prior to the second round of motos because he decided to withdraw from the rest of the races. I agreed to the early teardown.

Present at the teardown was, 2 AMA tech's, Kip Bigalow, head of AMA motocross, Mr Deegan, his mechanic and me. Mr Deegan's had his mechanic disassemble the bike. The motor was put on a bench. The 2 AMA tech's then measured stroke 3 times which was 40.06mm. We all agreed that was correct. I am not a KTM mechanic but I am pretty sure that is a stock stroke on a 14 KTM50.

Then the head was pulled and the measured bore. It was measured 3 times and we all agreed it measured 45.10mm.

The AMA then pulled the Displacement formula out of the AMA rule book and we all did the math. The displacement measures 63.963cc. The rule book stated that 61cc was the max allowed in the Mod class.

My math says that is 3cc over the allowed limit which equals a 5% increase. I now understand why the bike pulled so good.

The events that transpired after the teardown is simply amazing. After the protest was over, Mr Deegan's mechanic and some of his crew came to our pits and threatened me and my family. I was then personally attacked on social media. This is unfortunate results of a legal process. I have great respect for the sports and 99% of the people in it are here for the right reason. It is unfortunate, a family with this kind of influence in the motocross world handles things in this fashion.

And then the Mom posted this on TT.

This is my family that this has been happening to. Not only did all the stuff above happen but he also started bashing my 7 year old on social media. He has stated that my son was just some little 8th place rider. I would like to clarify that my son is the current Loretta Lynn Champion of which he beat Deegan's kid. I am a retired 23 year Navy veteran of which all was spent as an airplane mechanic, I did the protest not my husband or the President of Cobra like he has let on. My father has been in the motorcycle business for 54 years and I know a little about dirt bikes. I put my money up for every little kid that has ever been beaten by a cheater bike. It was not an attack against a child I just wanted it to be fair for all of the rest of the children. His child is a very talented rider that does not need a cheater bike to do well. Now I will stand by for all of the MM hate that my family has been enduring since I did the right thing and called out a cheater
This guy is a DICKWEED.

b. Once a rider receives such hydration during the event, the rider will not be permitted to compete in any further event activities, including but not limited to, any further practice, qualifier, moto race or other activity in the event, unless and until the rider is released by the medical personnel who treated the rider for the specific emergency medical situation at issue.

I think that's what put's him racing.:noidea: