The MX Track - How was your day today?

I’ve only ever spent 4 hours incarcerated. 3hrs in a sherif van (they wouldn’t let me out to piss so I reached around being cuffed behind, and pissed in the heat/AC vent next to my bench) 1 hr in the drunk tank. 22yo, taken in at the fair after 2 beers because we shot the carny with the water pistols, instead of the clowns mouth to blow up the ballon. It was a fine night.

It is what it is, I'm over it.
Feeling defeated actually.
But whatever.
I've been putting a lot of miles on my Softail and am gonna put some more on tomorrow. Love riding.
When it cools down I'll be back at the track.
I'll wait to hear from the kid.
There's not much more I can do a this point except keep living.

Oh, and I'm going skydiving on Saturday. Free jumps.
That'll take my mind off of shit for 60 seconds at a time.

I’ve only ever spent 4 hours incarcerated. 3hrs in a sherif van (they wouldn’t let me out to piss so I reached around being cuffed behind, and pissed in the heat/AC vent next to my bench) 1 hr in the drunk tank. 22yo, taken in at the fair after 2 beers because we shot the carny with the water pistols, instead of the clowns mouth to blow up the ballon. It was a fine night.

You’ve always been a real pisser! You’ll probably do it again some day :smirk:

It is what it is, I'm over it.
Feeling defeated actually.
But whatever.
I've been putting a lot of miles on my Softail and am gonna put some more on tomorrow. Love riding.
When it cools down I'll be back at the track.
I'll wait to hear from the kid.
There's not much more I can do a this point except keep living.

Oh, and I'm going skydiving on Saturday. Free jumps.
That'll take my mind off of shit for 60 seconds at a time.
I guess I wouldn't be able to move forward until I at least knew my kid was safe, whether they were at their mom's or a friends. Not sure why you cannot call your ex or go to the house and just say say. "I need to know he is here, so I can sleep at night" but I guess to each their own. Hope he is alright.

I guess I wouldn't be able to move forward until I at least knew my kid was safe, whether they were at their mom's or a friends. Not sure why you cannot call your ex or go to the house and just say say. "I need to know he is here, so I can sleep at night" but I guess to each their own. Hope he is alright.
The ex is not allowed to see him, is not cooperating, and is playing stupid. I believe him to be in the care of one of her relatives, but she cannot confirm this because if she did, she would go to jail. The woman is a criminal.
The police have already been to her house.
So yeah, not much forward movement here.

Being a parent is hard . Also being a kid is too.. decisions are made ,by parents that sometimes go against common sense ... same for kids ... I did'nt have a choice .. mine was made by death ...in 1967 .. I had to raise myself , and 2 sisters .. one died 5 yrs. Later ... worked 2 jobs and went to school ..... After marrige in 74 , 3 kids , wife went rouge and ruined it for me , I survived ...... You will too.... Do what you can , let life happen , be happy even when times are rough ......

I learned a very valuable, yet fundamental lesson at the track today. Always ALWAYS sight lap. always.
Showed up ready to rip in the cool temps (finally) on a track i have been to many times before, but notorious for switching things up. That fact escaped me as I dropped in with the excitement of beginning the Texas riding season. Went over the usual early morning preped jumps, and softer than afternoon ruts, approach the lefthanded hip, with which i am familiar, click into 3rd and gas it for the table...
...which is now a double. .. a big one. Had my left boot hanging off for style points
and barely got it (halfway) on the peg and Cased the Fkn face so hard I banged my chin. Holy shit i think i broke my ankle. Pulled off from the pain, which js a good thing. As we know, if it doesnt hurt right away, it’s bad. This hurt right away, then started to subside. I knew it was a sprained ankle. Ok, better get some laps in quick! I knew Before long it was gonna swell up and i would be done and cant put weight on.
That time is now. Hobbling around like a dipshit. My ankle looks like my foot ate an orange. Dammit always sight lap!