The Guns Thread

Tannerite...it's beautiful. It's a binary explosive. It's completely safe when both parts are separated, but when mixed, it can be ignited by the impact of a high-impact round. A hammer or a .22 cant explode it.

You can also make it yourself. All it is is amonium nitrate (34-0-0 fertilizer...make sure it is pure AN and not the unexplosive stuff I bought) and aluminum powder. You can buy the AN from some small farm supply stores, and the aluminum powder you can buy off eBay or some radiator stop-leak stuff is aluminum powder.

If you want the full recipe, Jake is your man for that.:thumb:

I would like to know the laws on Tannerite in Cali. When I visit my Dad in Cali, we'd like to blow up more stuff again. It's kinda a father-son thing. :smirk:
I'll try and put up some videos of the Tannerite soon! Great stuff. We blew the hell out of a TV stand.

You'd get put in jail if you're caught. Just like if you bring an AR to cali and it isn't registered you'll get put in the slammer. Don't burn tires either. Friggn cali nazis. I'd like to make some tannerite though, or thermite:banana: But I'll need to find some magnesium then:thinking:

You'd get put in jail if you're caught. Just like if you bring an AR to cali and it isn't registered you'll get put in the slammer. Don't burn tires either. Friggn cali nazis. I'd like to make some tannerite though, or thermite:banana: But I'll need to find some magnesium then:thinking:

You can find the magnesium...then you need the metal oxide or rust, and my truck can take care of that! :thumb:

Thermite on ice :hail:

You can find the magnesium...then you need the metal oxide or rust, and my truck can take care of that! :thumb:

Thermite on ice :hail:

Just send your truck up here:smirk:

And the Fe2O3 is easy, I think most colored concretes(at least the reds and oranges) use it in powdered form as a dye.

James

Staff member
My son just told me it is an MP5. His friend's Dad is on the swat team. It shoots 9mm 2 round burst whatever that all means:smirk:

I think it could mean big trouble for someone:smirk:
Hmmm, if that can (silencer/suppressor) is actually functional (real) along with the 2 round burst, I'm very impressed. Especially for being in Cali, that stuff is hard enough to get here and is regulated very HEAVILY by the ATF. :shocked:

Is it maybe a (SWAT) duty weapon?

Just because it's fun doesn't necessarily mean it's illegal. Yes, Tannerite is legal in California. You can even go into a shop and buy the stuff. In fact a few days ago you were only a few miles away from a shop in Ridgecrest which carries the stuff.

Just don't be an idiot with the stuff and it can be great fun. Yes,, blowing stuff up with it is being an idiot.

Here is a list of California shops selling it.

• Shooters Paradise
    1407 A
    Yuba City, CA, 95993
    530-673-4100
  • Old Cuyama Store
    3045 California 166
    Cuyama, CA, 93254
    661-766-2720
  • Hi-Pass Sports
    2435 B Alpine Blvd
    Alpine, CA, 91901
    619-445-4039
  • Alquist Arms
    120 South Center Street
    Turlock, CA, 95380
    209-667-5463
  • Bright Spot Pawn
    9075 Mission Blvd
    Riverside, CA, 92509
    951-360-1796
  • Kittles Outdoor Sports
    888 Market Street
    Colusa, CA, 95932
    530-458-4868
  • Freys Gun Shop
    312 Locust Street
    Ridgecrest CA 93555
    760-375-9690

It's just that when you start blowing things up you tend to enter the felony zone. While some jurisdictions will be more lenient than others, I would wouldn't push it too far.

Let's just say that the days of walking into a hardware store and walking out with dynamite are long gone.

It's just that when you start blowing things up you tend to enter the felony zone. While some jurisdictions will be more lenient than others, I would wouldn't push it too far.

Let's just say that the days of walking into a hardware store and walking out with dynamite are long gone.

:pout: the good ole days, huh?

We filled a jar with paintballs and taped on a spray paint can and tannerite to the jar...instant art. :thumb:

SantaGuns1.jpg