The Guns Thread

I have a CWP in Ohio. I shot my gun freehand at 15 yards and put 5 slugs into a 5" circle.

The thing that weird 'ed me out was that nobody could do the same with the same gun! They shot 3', yes 3' groups!

That scares me! And these are practiced pistol shooters!

I must be exceptional!

:thumb:

James

Staff member
I was curious how accurate the AR was at longer distances. So today I went to a friends house (who has land), stuck some water bottles out, and took a hike.

The weapon:
AR15.jpg

Distance:
distance.jpg

Aftermath :rifle: (one of a couple bottles):
bottle.jpg

This gun deserves boss status. :rocker:

Nothing better than an AR, huh? :cheers:

I'm trying to decide what scope I want on my AR. I was thinking a red-dot. Or a small scope. And run my Magpul flip up as a back up sight.

James

Staff member
These guns are very accurate up to 200 yards and beyond. All you need is to be able to hold it steady. :prof:
Yeah I've heard that the effective range of the 5.56 is ~400m. However I'd need a scope as my eyes are to for gone for iron sights. :bonk:

Yeah I've heard that the effective range of the 5.56 is ~400m. However I'd need a scope as my eyes are to for gone for iron sights. :bonk:
Isn't that a scope I see on the gun? Using the iron sights for me is sketchy as well which is why I have the low power 1 x 4 scope. Low power is pretty much like shooting with a red dot with both eyes open only the target is clear. :smirk:

James

Staff member
Isn't that a scope I see on the gun? Using the iron sights for me is sketchy as well which is why I have the low power 1 x 4 scope. Low power is pretty much like shooting with a red dot with both eyes open only the target is clear. :smirk:
Yup it's a little 4x scope.

I'm thinking that the military will shoot out to 400m on just iron sights.

I want an AR-10. Forget than pop gun 5.56, I want 308 and I want it now. Well, not exactly now, I've got a bike to buy.

Once I had a FN 49. Ten rounds of semiauto 8mm goodness.
fn49.jpg

James

Staff member
I want an AR-10. Forget than pop gun 5.56, I want 308 and I want it now. Well, not exactly now, I've got a bike to buy.

Once I had a FN 49. Ten rounds of semiauto 8mm goodness.
fn49.jpg
:shocked: That's a crazy round/gun!

Never shot a .308 but I'm willing to bet that it'll take my shoulder out. :lol: