Injured Swing-arm vs. Leg

Picture update.
Exactly 3months after accident.
CIMG0345.jpg

:thumb: It's looking a lot better. How's the bone doing?
Thanks, aha I finally worked up the courage to wear gym shorts to school and out after school today, boy oh boy did I get some looks like :shocked: hahaha but oh well.
The bone is doin pretty good, the break doesn't really bother me its more my ankle now and the screws that have been bugging me lately, hurts to walk long distances but its good for me, esp after being on complete bed rest for almost 3weeks.

I may very well be making round two to the doctors soon here; the screws in my ankle bother me almost 24/7 and make it painful to walk, maybe its because my foots still swollen? Not to sure, but I think I should get it checked out just to be sure.

James

Staff member
I may very well be making round two to the doctors soon here; the screws in my ankle bother me almost 24/7 and make it painful to walk, maybe its because my foots still swollen? Not to sure, but I think I should get it checked out just to be sure.
:thumb: Yeah I would get that checked out ASAP, it could be that a screw or two are backing out. :(

I broke my elbow when I was younger and it needed pin to keep the bone fragments in place. All was going great until about 4-5 months down the road when the pin started backing out. :shocked: I was removed shortly after, still have the pin, somewhere. :smirk:

:thumb: Yeah I would get that checked out ASAP, it could be that a screw or two are backing out. :(

I broke my elbow when I was younger and it needed pin to keep the bone fragments in place. All was going great until about 4-5 months down the road when the pin started backing out. :shocked: I was removed shortly after, still have the pin, somewhere. :smirk:
Ahh man that really isn't what I wanted to hear lol; but I think you might be right. Its the upper screw on my ankle and you can easily feel that one and grab the top of it, I thought that was normal though? Hmmm yeah I guess its best to get it looked at.
I just don't wanna have another surgery:cry:

:shocked: I havent been on in months and finally found this thread. Your video Break was cute and very gross LOL You sure are adorable and tuff as nails I must say! What a freakish accident. Were you able to wedge something in between your leg and the pipe to try and keep it from burning? The thought of your accident makes me cringe. Seems dumb someone would be on your ass on a hill climb. That is the time to spread out.
Keep up with that therapy and best wishes on your recovery and riding again.
Oh, and great report and updates:thumb:

James

Staff member
Ahh man that really isn't what I wanted to hear lol; but I think you might be right. Its the upper screw on my ankle and you can easily feel that one and grab the top of it, I thought that was normal though? Hmmm yeah I guess its best to get it looked at.
I just don't wanna have another surgery:cry:
It shouldn't be that bad to remove, for mine they only numbed the area and made a very small cut. After I had to keep a small bandage on it for a couple days and we were good.

:lol: I did feel it getting pulled out, was pretty gross.
:shocked: I havent been on in months and finally found this thread.
:thumb: Glad to have you back again.