Injured Swing-arm vs. Leg

Your exactly right, my leg some how got stuck inbetween the swing arm and the rim!
Heres a picture of where they cut it, my foot was wedged between where I circled it.
And this is exactly why we pay money for boots, and gear, if I wasn't wearing everything needed my foot could of easily been gone.:prof:
CIMG0145-1.jpg

Looks like it should buff out.

we need more pic's of the gross stuff :prof: you know like x-ray or when they where cutting you leg offf opps i mean out, you know things like that :poke:oh and glad its gettin better wo0t! wo0t!

we need more pic's of the gross stuff :prof: you know like x-ray or when they where cutting you leg offf opps i mean out, you know things like that :poke:oh and glad its gettin better wo0t! wo0t!
I'm actually making a video(as we speak) with the story and x-rays and photos of the burn and what not!
I will post it up in here as soon as its uploaded to YouTube!:banana:

okay, been completely out of the loop on this.. what the?? so what burnt you? was it the exhaust or the fire men cuttin you out of the swing arm?

okay, been completely out of the loop on this.. what the?? so what burnt you? was it the exhaust or the fire men cuttin you out of the swing arm?
Hahaha okay heres what happened. Pretty much I was doing a hill climb, and I was probably about 200ft into it when some guy came up along side me and rammed into me thus knocking me off the bike. Some how(not exactly sure) but my leg was sucked in by the rear tire between the swing arm and spokes, and my leg was on top of the exhaust pipe for about an hour. The fire department came in and sawed the bike off of me, and I was brought down the hill ina 6wheeler and brought to a helicopter where I was airlifted to a near hospital, and the next morning I was brought to the hospital I would stay at for the remaining 9days in the hospital. After being there for 2days I was brought into an 8hr surgery where they put a titanium rod completely down my tibia from my knee to my ankle(the brake was very close to my ankle). Along with 4screws, 3 are in my ankle and 1 is up higher near my knee, also I got plastic surgery that day, they took a skin graft from my thigh and put it on my burn.
The accident happened on September 6th, and I was emitted from the hospital on September 15th, I was in a splint until September 20th. September 21st- September 27th I was in a cast. September 28th up until October 20th I was in a walking boot.
Today I officially started walking(:
Lol sorry if the dates are kinda confusing hahaha.

wow! I had read one of your post about your bike and how your leg got caught but must have totally missed all of this about the burn and break. Damn girl you are a tough cookie.:thumb: I am glad to see you walking now.

I never had a burn and can imagine that shit is about the worse pain you can go through. I had a skin graft once and had it taken from my thigh as well. they gave me a choice Butt or thigh,,,I said thigh damn how am I going to sit if you take skin off my butt?LOL I cut my ankle with a chainsaw and took huge chunk out of my leg.

get well soon and get back on that bike.

wow! I had read one of your post about your bike and how your leg got caught but must have totally missed all of this about the burn and break. Damn girl you are a tough cookie.:thumb: I am glad to see you walking now.

I never had a burn and can imagine that shit is about the worse pain you can go through. I had a skin graft once and had it taken from my thigh as well. they gave me a choice Butt or thigh,,,I said thigh damn how am I going to sit if you take skin off my butt?LOL I cut my ankle with a chainsaw and took huge chunk out of my leg.

get well soon and get back on that bike.
Yeah not gonna lie it hurt hella bad, but I honestly don't remember hurting TO bad. Maybe I was just in shock? Or maybe its just the fact that couldn't see the pipe burning my leg? Yah know the old saying "if you don't look it won't hurt.:noidea: Who knows lol. Ha yeah they gave me the same choice with the skin graft, I looked at them like they were retarded and said; aren't I gonna be on complete bed rest for the next week or two.:smirk:

But owwww! Chainsaw to the leg, yeah having a limb cut off is one of my biggest fears I would not handle having one take a chunk outta my leg well at all! Hope your all better! And thanks haha I'll be back to riding horses very very soon; and bikes probably not for another 3-4months or so.

*Update*
So today I went back for my second physical therapy meeting; my therapist says she sees major improvement in my leg such as me being able to completely straighten it out, bend my knee in all the way, being able to point my foot almost directly up at a 90 degree angle and almost being able to point my toes out completely.
BAD NEWS IS; I guess I'm still supposed to be wearing the boot, so I guess I get to go back to bein gimpy for the next 6weeks.:foul: