Sprockets and chains

Up here we are not allowed to take our bikes on an adventure like you can. We get rocks like that new the lakes. Like Lake Ontario or some of the lakes in the Mountains. We are not allowed to ride those trails.

:finger:You can believe me on everything I say. In this whole discussion I have not said one sprocket was better than another or anything of that sort. I have just provided information. So, pucker up big fella:kissass:
Hey same to ya Buddy. :P I just said I believed ya. :gibbs: I know where I live can never compare to the trails you have in your area. Got it now. :picard:

I have no idea how many total hours are on it. I believe by me telling you that I bought it in 2003 and for it being mounted on 3 different CR500's.. Should give you plenty of reason to be curious about the SideWinder. I also will tell you. I have used the Snake oil. It also works just fine. But, now I just use WD-40. Unless I have the cash to buy Maxima chain wax.
Come up here, run in the glacier silt of Jim Creek and I guarantee you , will wear out that sprocket in less than one season.....GAURANTEED , and tear up the rest of your running gear as well.

Well son, they boast that they survived BAJA... and if that isn't tough enough I don't know what is.... KOM??? :thinking:

SideWinder Survived Danny Magoo Chandler.... KOM Have any of you ever done any research at all on products other than what is being highly exploited. SideWinders have been used by many riders and stunt men since the 70's.... KOM

SideWinder Survived Danny Magoo Chandler.... KOM Have any of you ever done any research at all on products other than what is being highly exploited. SideWinders have been used by many riders and stunt men since the 70's.... KOM

First you were throwing out terrain types and locations before now riders? Which is it? You said surviving the rocks... Baja is FULL of rocks, sand, silt, mud, water, etc. etc. etc...
BTW - KOM = King of the Motos which is the dirt bike version of the King of the Hammers rock crawling/desert race held each year in Johnson Valley deemed THEE toughest offroad race in North America.

To answer your question ... NO, I haven't, the SuperSprox I have on my bike was recommended by an individual that does a lot of adventure riding that includes various types of terrain... but I can guaranty you TS has... and I'm sure others have as well.

I have ran Renthals for years and put them through every discipline out there (Dez, Baja, GPs, NHAH, Woods, Rocks, etc) and never had one break down on me. I had a SuperSprox on one of my bikes and only ran it for a couple rides with no issues, now the wheel is on my son's bike and he has been having no issues with it as well.

This is just like the "what oil or what tire" threads. Just accept the fact that people will give you there opinion and stop trying to convince others that your choice is the better one. The caveat would be is if you have had a failure with one. I gave my experience with the Ironman sprocket. I know when I bought mine and can demonstrate what it looks like today. I know exactly how I ride, where I ride and the kind of riding I did with that specific sprocket. That's as far as I can go with it, or choose to I guess. I have no standing to say it is better or worse than a Sunstar, JT, TI, KMA, FU, or any other acronym:smirk:

There is one basic fact that everyone can agree on. Aluminum will wear down quicker than steel. I don't care to be changing out my sprockets that often and am not concerned with the, in my opinion, insignificant weight difference. i'll just drink MORE laxative the night before a ride:eek:

This is just like the "what oil or what tire" threads. Just accept the fact that people will give you there opinion and stop trying to convince others that your choice is the better one. The caveat would be is if you have had a failure with one. I gave my experience with the Ironman sprocket. I know when I bought mine and can demonstrate what it looks like today. I know exactly how I ride, where I ride and the kind of riding I did with that specific sprocket. That's as far as I can go with it, or choose to I guess. I have no standing to say it is better or worse than a Sunstar, JT, TI, KMA, FU, or any other acronym:smirk:

There is one basic fact that everyone can agree on. Aluminum will wear down quicker than steel. I don't care to be changing out my sprockets that often and am not concerned with the, in my opinion, insignificant weight difference. i'll just drink MORE laxative the night before a ride:eek:

Well said. :thumb: I will apologize for the way I expressed my opinion. I will also apologize trying to make someone change their mind on a product they use or do not use. I will look at it more like the way you wrote. I guess the best way for me not to come on so strong is to do as you said. Just express my experiences with the products being talked about. I will try ok... :ride:

Well said. :thumb: I will apologize for the way I expressed my opinion. I will also apologize trying to make someone change their mind on a product they use or do not use. I will look at it more like the way you wrote. I guess the best way for me not to come on so strong is to do as you said. Just express my experiences with the products being talked about. I will try ok... :ride:

Ahhhh DANG..... I see a "MUG" (man hug... :smirk:) ) coming..... TS > :hug: < CR500