Sprockets and chains

Ironman.jpg Thanks, I got it. It just didn't look like the sprocket was or is as countersunk as the Ironman or Supersprox. But I would be mistaken, at least for the Supersprox as here is a picture of it before I mounted it up on the bike.Supersprox.jpg

I can't tell by this picture of the Ironman, but it looks pretty similar.

View attachment 22144 Thanks, I got it. It just didn't look like the sprocket was or is as countersunk as the Ironman or Supersprox. But I would be mistaken, at least for the Supersprox as here is a picture of it before I mounted it up on the bike.View attachment 22143

I can't tell by this picture of the Ironman, but it looks pretty similar.

FYI. The SUPERSPROX sprockets were originally designed by SideWinder. SideWinder used to have a open house to show case his designs and factory. One day he had a tour through his shop. Little did he know there was a Renthal Representative as a tour guest. SideWinder had two designs that were on paper. But he show cased his latest designs. That were not yet paten yet. Then before he new it Renthal was selling them. :prof:

[QUOTE="hondacr500af, post: 170802, member: 1399chainshe life of your chain. Go ahead and run a skinnier sprocket. It acts like a saw blade.[/QUOTE]
Incorrect. Its still a 520 sprocket. What kills chains is improper tension and dirt. The works z improves chain life with the off set teeth which prevents gunk build up. The material is a zinc coated stainless steel, about 40 stronger than aluminum and 10 percent stronger than standard steel while weighing just a tad more than aluminum

Last edited:
[QUOTE="hondacr500af, post: 170802, member: 1399chainshe life of your chain. Go ahead and run a skinnier sprocket. It acts like a saw blade.
Incorrect. Its still a 520 sprocket. What kills chains is improper tension and dirt. The works z improves chain life with the off set teeth which prevents gunk build up[/QUOTE]

Look at the sprocket, Do you see that it is not as thick as a normal sprocket. Not even as thick as a stock sprocket. The pitch size has nothing to do with the width of the sprocket.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FyX6VYB_a0k&feature=player_detailpage

Last edited:
Incorrect. Its still a 520 sprocket. What kills chains is improper tension and dirt. The works z improves chain life with the off set teeth which prevents gunk build up

Look at the sprocket, Do you see that it is not as thick as a normal sprocket. Not even as thick as a stock sprocket. The pitch size has nothing to do with the width of the sprocket.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FyX6VYB_a0k&feature=player_detailpage[/QUOTE]
The width of the sprocket isn't going to kill the chain. The idea that it turns into a saw is ridiculous. Most people with works-z sprockets see longer chain life than they do with standard sprockets.