Show us your boats :)

:picard:
When you own a boat everyone can't wait to get out on it with you yet they are never around when its time to clean it, store it, fill it with fuel or get bait and beer... fill that cooler and the gas tank, then start backing into the water and everyone shows up!:prof: 2 seasons and I sold that bitch... None could understand why I would sell such a great boat.... :P

No flipping kidding - I have three boats and another one that I used to keep at a different lake that got stolen - I'm still trying to find the guy that stole my boat so I can thank him for saving me so much squish.......and then shoot him. I also have a peddle boat which has been, by far, the best and most reliable boat I ever bought. :smirk:

I try not to take my boat out if its more than just my family, or very close friends. It really pisses me off when folks show up expect a ride or a tow and dont pony up some cash or even offer to pay something. Hell $20 bucks. Granted in todays economy $20 doesnt go far but its something. I got one buddy that I camp with or invite to go to the lake on occasion. I never accepted money from him at all last summer. I was digging around in the boat this last weekend in the glove box. I have a small Pelican case that i like to put my camera in to keep it dry. Well I opened the case to check the batteries in the camera and found pretty close to $150 in it. I couldnt for the life of me figure out where the money came from. I asked my wife if she knew anything about it. She said no but demanded the money. I told her no its for gas money for the boat Im sure. Then it dawned on me. Sam. That dirty rat. So I called him on it. He was like no not me. I told him dude $150 is alot of money. He told me that was over like 4 trips and he was shocked that I hadnt found it untill now.

I try not to take my boat out if its more than just my family, or very close friends. It really pisses me off when folks show up expect a ride or a tow and dont pony up some cash or even offer to pay something. Hell $20 bucks. Granted in todays economy $20 doesnt go far but its something. I got one buddy that I camp with or invite to go to the lake on occasion. I never accepted money from him at all last summer. I was digging around in the boat this last weekend in the glove box. I have a small Pelican case that i like to put my camera in to keep it dry. Well I opened the case to check the batteries in the camera and found pretty close to $150 in it. I couldnt for the life of me figure out where the money came from. I asked my wife if she knew anything about it. She said no but demanded the money. I told her no its for gas money for the boat Im sure. Then it dawned on me. Sam. That dirty rat. So I called him on it. He was like no not me. I told him dude $150 is alot of money. He told me that was over like 4 trips and he was shocked that I hadnt found it untill now.

:lol: Wow. I wish I had friends like that! :smirk:

Dude!
Those are the good friends!:thumb:

Idleing after i replaced the bleed lines that pull the unburnt oil off the top of the cylinders.. They were causing it to miss around 1500 to 2000rpm

Fastest run its ever made ... 66mph.. Some Nice rooster tail for ya

Click to view vid

Back in the mid 90s I was part of the crew on this drag boat. It was a lot of work.
We won the 1994 World Finals

This is a pic of the last pass we ever made with this boat for the win at Firebird lake.
Look close and you see the blower is Flopping around and the belt is gone.

1994worldfinalsIHBAbmp1.jpg

Back in the mid 90s I was part of the crew on this drag boat. It was a lot of work.

This is a pic of the last pass we ever made with this boat for the win at Firebird lake.
Look close and you see the blower is Flopping around and

Very cool Pay :thumb:

Was this Nitro or Alcohol? What top speed did you hit in those finals? Those boats are bad ass machines either way. :thumb:

Look close and you see the blower is Flopping around and the belt is gone.

Was this Nitro or Alcohol? What top speed did you hit in those finals? Those boats are bad ass machines either way. :thumb:

The boat was on Alcohol and the fastest it ever went I think was 201mph. That was very slow for that class. I think the record back then was 226 mph. The way we won all our races was ET and a Kick ass driver. That think would go A to B in a hurry but no MPH.
That race Rod Alexander the driver pulled off a 007 light. Almost perfect. The thing kicked the belt and blower about 3/4 track but he was so far ahead it coasted through for the win at 155 MPH.
I think Tim Capaldy, The other driver went something like 210 mph

The biggest bummer is I have to go to Rods funeral this Sunday. He passed away at the age of 47.
God Speed my brother.

The boat was on Alcohol and the fastest it ever went I think was 201mph. That was very slow for that class. I think the record back then was 226 mph. The way we won all our races was ET and a Kick ass driver. That think would go A to B in a hurry but no MPH.
That race Rod Alexander the driver pulled off a 007 light. Almost perfect. The thing kicked the belt and blower about 3/4 track but he was so far ahead it coasted through for the win at 155 MPH.
I think Tim Capaldy, The other driver went something like 210 mph

The biggest bummer is I have to go to Rods funeral this Sunday. He passed away at the age of 47.
God Speed my brother.

Sorry for your loss and God speed.