She ain't no beauty queen

Drove my truck to work today. It is nearly impossible to drive that truck completely one handed. :lol: I also found out it has a really small turning radius, something along the lines of 13-15' :)

whoa, every seems to be hatin on my truck
Happy-haters-gonna-hate-l.png

:smirk:
just did spark plug wires on it today, so i have a running total (not including gas insurance and registration fees) of $571 including the price of the truck!

Lighten up.. I said "I" had a POS S-10... didn't like it, couldn't wait to get rid of it. f your's works for ya that is suuuuuuuuperb, what more could you ask for! :prof:

Drove my truck to work today. It is nearly impossible to drive that truck completely one handed. :lol: I also found out it has a really small turning radius, something along the lines of 13-15' :)
I drive mine 1 handed all the time, it does not have powersteering and alignment is slightly off haah

Use just your left arm and you'll look like Popeye on one side and Pee Wee Herman on the other... :smirk:

well some of you were asking for a couple more pics
Rust holes at the back of the bed
IMG_0465.JPG
Smashed grill, and slightly repaired bumper filler. supposedly one of the previous owners hit a deer
IMG_0466.JPG
cab corner
IMG_0468.JPG
rocker
IMG_0469.JPG
rust hole under the cab (easy fix)
IMG_0470.JPG
someone's genius repair
IMG_0471.JPG
the whole cab floor with my half vinyl carpet
IMG_0472.JPG
my sunroof :P
IMG_0473.JPG

And today I ordered some parts. Door pins, license plate light sockets and bulbs, and new weather stripping for both of the doors.

James

Staff member
Word of advice (and speaking from experience)...don't put to much money into it, it'll be an endless pit and the value of the truck won't go up.

What shape is the motor and tranny in? That's the most important thing. :thumb:

Word of advice (and speaking from experience)...don't put to much money into it, it'll be an endless pit and the value of the truck won't go up.

What shape is the motor and tranny in? That's the most important thing. :thumb:
runs like a champs, shifts good, clutch feels like it has plenty of material left on it, engine still has plenty of power :thumb:

My plan as of right now is patch up the holes in the cab floor, and the bed floor, then paint it myself and go with it. shouldn't be more than 200 and it will be set for a couple more years at least.

James

Staff member
runs like a champs, shifts good, clutch feels like it has plenty of material left on it, engine still has plenty of power :thumb:

My plan as of right now is patch up the holes in the cab floor, and the bed floor, then paint it myself and go with it.
Sounds like a plan. :thumb:

shouldn't be more than 200 it will be set for a couple more years at least.
Want to bet some money on that? :smirk:

James

Staff member
with what I said above those repairs come to 100 + im figuring 100 for paint
Sorry wasn't referring to the $200 part but the couple more years part.

My first car (utter POS :lol:) was a money pit, I'd be replacing something every month. Started with the heater core, next the radiator, after that the alternator gave out, new battery, plugs and wires, brake line, radio, brake pads, tires.........it never stopped. :lol:

BTW a new car is pretty much the same as a old POS, instead of always buying new parts you're just paying a huge monthly payment. The trick is finding a good happy medium. :thumb:

Sorry wasn't referring to the $200 part but the couple more years part.

My first car (utter POS :lol:) was a money pit, I'd be replacing something every month. Started with the heater core, next the radiator, after that the alternator gave out, new battery, plugs and wires, brake line, radio, brake pads, tires.........it never stopped. :lol:

BTW a new car is pretty much the same as a old POS, instead of always buying new parts you're just paying a huge monthly payment. The trick is finding a good happy medium. :thumb:

It's one thing if you can do that work yourself vs. paying a mechanic. The difference in price can be 10 to 1. If have a local pick and pull you can save even more. For example my truck has a junkyard alternator in it that cost $15.