Packs and vests ... what YOU should be carrying.

A2, I've been wantign to do this for the same reasons as you...it's a pain doing both. questions, 1) What did you do with the straps on the pack? 2) How did you mount it onto the protector? Great job!

You can see the slits I cut in the protector for the top straps, the bottom straps loop around the edges. Criss crossed everything in the back, hooked it all up, a few zip ties to snug the straps up and keep them tight to the inside of the protector. The front bags are zip tied on using available holes on the protector. Zip tied the ring on the shoulder pad for the water pouch line.
Will try to get an inside photo for you.

You can see the slits I cut in the protector for the top straps, the bottom straps loop around the edges. Criss crossed everything in the back, hooked it all up, a few zip ties to snug the straps up and keep them tight to the inside of the protector. The front bags are zip tied on using available holes on the protector. Zip tied the ring on the shoulder pad for the water pouch line.
Will try to get an inside photo for you.
No pic's necessary unless you want to. I got the idea....Cool idea! Thanks :thumb:

I picked up the Ogio flight vest and took it out for a test run last weekend. I really like the fit, the water badder and all the storage room. This is a first for me to take along a cell phone, camera, wallet, a couple of tools just in case, zip ties and some trail bars for a snack even though they did not get eaten. Stopping on the trail and grabbing the quick camera is one of the features I have been wanting and this works out great. 2 of the large pouches were empty yet enough room to carry a change of clothes or a gourmet lunch for some hungry people I ride with at times. I have never been a fan of carrying a bunch of heavy tools, etc but the room is there. I will add a few items as I think of them.

I now have a fanny pack to carry the necessities....I'm considering finding botles to hang off the side jsut not sure I'll like the idea of them bouncing around. I'm going to do what A2 has done with his pack and mount it to theback of my protector. Might even add a pouch like he did to carry stuff I need to get to without disrobing.....:shocked:

I was considering a fanny pack since I already had the camel back but when I tried it on it felt like it would be pulling my pants down when standing and riding. :devil: I decided to go this route like others have mentioned, the weight is distributed much better on your shoulders front and back and pouches are very easy to get to. I sure don't want to be going over a stretch of whoops and have my pants falling off. :naughty: You can easily carry some bottles in this vest too.

I was considering a fanny pack since I already had the camel back but when I tried it on it felt like it would be pulling my pants down when standing and riding. :devil: I decided to go this route like others have mentioned, the weight is distributed much better on your shoulders front and back and pouches are very easy to get to. I sure don't want to be going over a stretch of whoops and have my pants falling off. :naughty: You can easily carry some bottles in this vest too.

1) They'd only go as far as the seat .... :smirk:
2) If we were to steer clear fo whoops this wouldn't happen. :prof:

I run the fanny and if you do not adjust it right or your pants are on the loose side, you will be reaching around and pulling up the pack. I do run into this once in awhile.
1) They'd only go as far as the seat .... :smirk:
2) If we were to steer clear fo whoops this wouldn't happen. :prof:
Staying clear of the whoops is the key...

Might as well throw a new top end in that flight jacket and while you're at it, make me a sandwich and have that in there for the next ride:smirk:

Ham n' cheese ok with you? I like mine with a dill pickle on the side and a handfull of chips.....BBQ! Thanks JOS..:thumb:....:smirk:

Ham n' cheese ok with you? I like mine with a dill pickle on the side and a handfull of chips.....BBQ! Thanks JOS..:thumb:....:smirk:
PB&J is on the menu as no refrigeration is needed. I don't want warm ham and cheese. :puke: The BBQ chips are a good choice however. :thumb: