Metal in clutch cover

Looks like I should just buy a bottom end off eBay n put my clutch n flywheel in it and ride it or just sell it and include extra bottom
End for parts with it

SRAD97750

Staff member
Looks like I should just buy a bottom end off eBay n put my clutch n flywheel in it and ride it or just sell it and include extra bottom
End for parts with it
Anyway you can just replace that gear on the crankshaft?
Wait. Why are we replacing anything?
Do you have a photo of the damage?
I saw a slightly damaged chain guide, but nothing else looked out of the ordinary.
I vote for a case splitting
There is more disassembly to do.
:noidea:-BIG DAN

Wait. Why are we replacing anything?
Do you have a photo of the damage?
I saw a slightly damaged chain guide, but nothing else looked out of the ordinary.

There is more disassembly to do.
:noidea:-BIG DAN

Th chain guide was damaged so I noticed looking down at the crankshaft teeth looked like shark teeth and chewed up.

Do you ever go to ANY of the sites that sell parts to see if the parts are offered? I know you have an aversion to looking at the ones I suggest, but if you do you can answer all your own questions and find prices too. Just saying.

This reminds me of the thread where the only thing the kid wanted to do was change the plug and buy a new carb vs fixing the problem.

Do you ever go to ANY of the sites that sell parts to see if the parts are offered? I know you have an aversion to looking at the ones I suggest, but if you do you can answer all your own questions and find prices too. Just saying.
Don't you think that that might be just too easy?

Only site you have recommended was fast ace for head work... Yes I've looked on bike bandit got the gear on the crank. I was asking if it was sold separate.

Also it's gonna get fixed I'm trying to decide the best way to do it. If I can do it without buying a new crank then even better. Figured after mentioning the problem someone would have suggested that.

As you get more used to looking at the schematics that the factories use it will become clearer that if they show a part and don't have a part number for it, then at least they don't offer it (and unless my eyes have deceived me, the gears dont come off). when you can buy the same crank and bearings for $190 i am not sure you could hope for any savings anyway.

really the last word on
'sold separately' is up to the factory and suppliers and not up to some guys who can't even read minds.:smirk::smirk::smirk:

Last edited: