Metal in clutch cover

You talking bout the opposite engine side cover?
Just got my head back Saturday that's why I'm trying to go through this bottom n make sure it's all good to go.

No just the clutch side case to start with.
Drain the coolant remove the kick starter pull that one cover off

Just crossed my mind that last time I rode I stalled it and kickstart wouldn't move till I tried to roll the bike. Then it was free. Maybe that's the cause. I'll keep digging for the carnage.

Look around the spring anchor for the kick starter really well. Somebody must know someone with a set of cases clean and bare to compare the pieces to.

Last edited:
Pulled the cover, been busy with the holidays. Found more chunks of aluminum. Still no source of where they're coming from.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    128.9 KB · Views: 12
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    84.6 KB · Views: 10
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    84.6 KB · Views: 10
If it were me I would split that motor and made sure it went together 100% clean.

I was waiting for you for this. I noticed the crankshaft teeth are wore and chipped, and it's a wiseco crank so go figure. I'll be getting a new crank and have some questions. Should I go oem off eBay or hot rods? All my bearings are in great shape and will inspecting everything as the cases get split. Should I be ok with the crank and gasket kit only? Thanks a lot