Fallen Medical results - They are not good

I got the flag as you can see, and I have some ready mix concrete at the house. This is easy.
pour-one-out.jpeg

By ready mix are you talking about the stuff in the bottle above... or concrete ? :lol:

Now if anyone has access to some stainless plate and can weld a stainless stake on the back... that is cool or I'll have Bear Valley Metal make it up for us.

Plate should be 9x12. Stake about 2 feet - Donate Item.

I'm scrapping apart a SS washer at work. The floor is 3/16", and I'm sure I could scrounge up a piece of SS tubing. I don't have easy access to a TIG, but since it will be underneath, my MIG should do just fine for welding them together. Let me know.

I think the plan is to do it Thanksgiving... the only problem with that is I am going early the weekend before and leaving Wednesday noon. Gotta be in Phoenix Thursday.

Does a Wednesday (Nov 21) AM ride work for this ? If the rest of the group needs it to happen Thursday or later I have no problem with that. I'll bring the plaque and you guys bury it and hang the flag when it works for the group.
The 21st is good. Tday itself is not good because we gotta be back early to prep Tday dinner.

James

Staff member
James, if we contribute to an account to put this together, is there family survivors to send the overpay to? You tell us we will do the rest.
But I am not sure we even know if he had any family or that they need anything.
I honestly don't know much more than you guys. As far as I know he didn't have any family.

If you're looking for a place to donate money I'd recommend RiderDown.org.

I honestly don't know much more than you guys. As far as I know he didn't have any family.

If you're looking for a place to donate money I'd recommend RiderDown.org.

From two of his posts in this thread, he mentions his family.

I'll try and keep you posted, James, if you can keep an eye on facebook as if something does happen I'll try and get family or friends to post something up there.

There is also another post where he mentions family. He must have some family, tracking them down would be the hard part.

There is also another post where he mentions family. He must have some family, tracking them down would be the hard part.

The web page said Brother, Sister In Law, and a Niece.

James

Staff member

Sorry I was referring to wife and kids.

I'm scrapping apart a SS washer at work. The floor is 3/16", and I'm sure I could scrounge up a piece of SS tubing. I don't have easy access to a TIG, but since it will be underneath, my MIG should do just fine for welding them together. Let me know.

That sounds great... let me put something together this weekend for you guys to look at before we commit to the size and you do any cutting.

That sounds great... let me put something together this weekend for you guys to look at before we commit to the size and you do any cutting.

I thought about trying to make a kangaroo,

kangaroo art.jpg

Then thought maybe just a silhouette of a kangaroo.kangaroo cutout.jpg

Or maybe better yet, a Aussie cutout shape, with some plasma cutting marking his home town.
Australia.gif

I'm open to suggestions, a rectangular plate just seem too plain. Also, you're going to need a pole for that flag.

I am a less is more kinda guy. I actually don't like all the crazy stuff people are putting out there these days. Years ago when a true desert legend passed his family placed a small rock with his name on it in the ground. Now if a child passes that happen to like dirt bikes the parents erect a monument with laser etched life size head shots. Whatever we do I hope we can keep to the original theme of the Husky... simple and tasteful. But this is a group decision and I know mine only counts for one of them.

O.K., I'll bite - Yes your MIG will do just fine......:smirk:

Wish I could be with you fine Fellers and Gals for this ride :thumb: I'll raise a glass to you and Andrew :thumb:

I am picking up the photo plaque tomorrow. Will get it mounted somehow this weekend. I will probably go ahead and get it on a stake to make this simple. Who is gonna bring digging tools and some water and ready mix concrete to set this in place ?

BIG DAN... you are close by. Can I get this plaque to you next week since I won't be there to help place it at the Husky ? You are still going correct ?

Mock Up:
andrew.jpg

I am picking up the photo plaque tomorrow. Will get it mounted somehow this weekend. I will probably go ahead and get it on a stake to make this simple. Who is gonna bring digging tools and some water and ready mix concrete to set this in place ?

BIG DAN... you are close by. Can I get this plaque to you next week since I won't be there to help place it at the Husky ? You are still going correct ?

Mock Up:
View attachment 10407

Thats awesome Jeff!
Great job :cheers: