Fallen Medical results - They are not good

Ya I hear ya Nedge, he has popped into my head more then once. I feel bad that I wasnt reading his posts when he was alive and fighting for his life. I would have reached out. Not that it would have made a differance or that I could of done anything but, just knowing how he was suffering and how he appreciated the forum so much and was a fellow rider...Damn, Im sad again now:cry:

Maybe we can set him up at Husky Memorial ??? Do a ride in his honor ? Maybe at Thanksgiving ?
I'm planing on a ride to Husky over T-Day, but I will have my dad out with us, so I am thinking of taking him and my Mgr out there in the CDA Truckster. I have a few fallen throttle twisters that are out there that I would like to pay some respect to.

We need to get some details and put something together to place out there in memory of our fallen friend.

Not to sound too creepy... but that place is magical.

I have ridden to the Husky maaaaaaaany times. But once we had a memorial ride and fund raiser for a fallen rider named Jim Riley (Smiley Riley). He became quadriplegic after a nasty fall in Ocotillo. Others came from all over the western half of the country to morn their lost riders... friends, fathers, sons !

It was shocking the spirit that came over us when we all quietly walked up the the memorial and had a few minutes of silence. 10 men and women in my group, from CA to Texas started to weep in unison. I felt something go through my body I can never fully describe. When all 50 of us met at dinner at Cuddeback Lake that evening and talked about it... all had had they same feeling when they were at the Husky. We agreed it was the place... it was the fallen souls... they were there with us morning riders fallen we all knew and came to remember. It couldn't be anything else.

Never had that sensation before... or again. But it you step up to the ring... heart in hand to honor those you have lost... you just might just be surprised to find them there... waiting to greet you ! :thumb:

husky.gif

Jeff,
I couldn't explain it better, but I get that feeling every time I have been. Told my kids to memorialize me and spread my "asses" ashes to the wind. I don't need no stinking plot!!!
My Dad said the same thing. 50% to the Ocean (worked on a cruise ship and was in the coast guards) and 50% mixed in some race gas, with some good 927 and a couple shots of whiskey mixed in. Then a nice long loop through the desert in his memory.